Security Superintendent at Perseus Mining Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Perseus Mining Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Perseus Mining Limited is a dual-listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana.
The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility and achieved up to 7.2Mtpa via a few plant upgrades in 2016. The plant has the potential of producing at a rate of 180,000-220,000oz gold per annum.
POSITION: Security Superintendent
Purpose of Role:
• To assist the Security Manager in the day-to–day operations and administration of the department and act in the absence of a related field; security manager.
• assist in the definition and identification of PMGL security requirements and operational security planning
• assist in drafting security policies, protocols, and procedures for approval and effective implementation
• attend meetings with other stakeholders to determine security-related operational needs
• prepare routine security reports for the security manager to facilitate operational and administrative effectiveness.
• liaise with government security agencies and conduct intelligence gathering on crime trends, and update management accordingly
• plan and coordinate security operations for specific events Undertake operational deployment of personnel to ward off potential intruders and prevent illegal mining activities.
• conduct monthly security audits, and risks assessment and submit reports on same to the Security Manager
• conduct investigations into security-related incidents and submit reports to the Security Manager
• perform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Edikan Gold Mine operations as assigned by the Security Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or higher education courses in Security/Risk Management, Justice & Criminology International Law, Military Studies, etc.
• Military or Police academy Degrees in Security Management or related field
• A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in security management with military, police, intelligence, or industrial organizations
• High sense of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player and works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
• Ability to learn, understand and implement a wide range of security management policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of computers and a variety of communication equipment.
• An ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement security operations.
Remuneration: Very Competitive and Attractive.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications will only be received by email to:
[email protected] with the advertised job title “Security Superintendent” as the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 20 August, 2022
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunities employer.