Security Superintendent – Investigations at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Superintendent – Investigations.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To assist the Senior Manager-Security in managing a team to ensure the successful investigation of all cases and that mitigation measures are implemented to reduce risk.
- Demonstrate understanding of Safety, Health & Environment procedures in and around workplace (PPE requirements, housekeeping standards)
- Plan, coordinate and control operations and manpower requirements for the Investigations Team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of criminal and corporate investigative practices and procedures.
- Maintain effective collateral and cross functional relationship.
- Ensure investigation of all reported security incidents in line with AGA Global Security Standards.
- Coordinate Security Assessments (Self, Threat, Risk, and Conflict) in line with AGA Global Security Standards.
- Ensure screening and background verification/vetting of all company employees and contractors on the Mine.
- Conduct VPSHR training and coordinate the activities of Departmental Human Rights Ambassadors on the Mine.
- Maintain an Intelligence function to provide early warning of threats that may affect the well-being of the company (People, Assets and Operations).
- Participate and contribute to departmental budget processes and continuously identify cost savings initiatives.
- Maintain loss and investigative statistics to include a comprehensive case management system
- Demonstrate knowledge & application of managerial leadership
- Demonstrate knowledge & application of ethical conduct and compliance with corporate governance principles.
- Demonstrate capacity to conduct and manage complex and significant investigations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate commitment to AGA How We Work principles.
- Model and demonstrate a behaviour that is consistent with the AGA Vision and Values.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant tertiary or professional qualification (ASIS, CSMP, etc.) with a minimum of 5 years practicable experience
- Senior Officer from any Public Security Service not below the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police or its equivalent with not less than four (4) years on the job in that rank or
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of working in the criminal investigative space or in a similar role in a mining industry.
- Must have experience in investigation techniques (statement taking & analysis, questioning, interviewing skills and report writing).
- Proven unblemished career in Industrial security with NOT less than eight (8) years in senior supervisory role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with excellent presentation skills and Project Management will be a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid Ghanaian driver’s license.
- Must be conversant in Risk Management, Negotiation and Conflict Management/Resolution.
- Working knowledge of the Ghana’s Criminal Justice System and the Laws of Ghana including data protection.
- Sufficiently numerate to comprehend fraudulent manipulation of company funds and assets.
- Working knowledge of Integrated Security Systems.
- Knowledge of Project Management, Budget Planning and Control is an advantage
- Must have proven integrity & honesty.
- Must be results oriented and innovative
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21 Dec. 2021