Security Operation Centre Assistant/Driver at UNDP
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: UNDP
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
In line with the country Security Risk Management (SRM), the United Nations system in Ghana created Security Operation Centres (SOC) in Accra and Tamale with the primary responsibility of ensuring the safety and security of all UN staff, dependents and property. The SOCs are designed to operate on 24×7 basis.
The position is fully funded by UN agencies in Ghana through the Local Cost Shared Security Budget.
The SOC Assistant/Driver will provide radio communication/security support to staff and dependents in all UN Agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the immediate supervision of the Security Advisor (SA), the Security Operation Assistant/Driver shall be responsible for the following duties:
Security Operation Centre
- Serving in shift-system at a 24/7 SOC which maintains a radio and telephone communication regime with all UN staff in the Area of Operation;
- Receive, process, record and pass all security related information to the appropriate quarters through the normal communication channels;
- Inform the Supervisors immediately of any incident/accident;
- Maintain communication link with the security agencies (police and military) with a view to providing the necessary assistance to UN staff members and receiving updated information on security matters;
- Register and forward all e-mail messages and messages deposited during working and off-duty hours;
- Accurately identify exact location/grid references of all incident/accidents and pass information to the Supervisors and the police;
- Maintain both electronic and manual register;
- Brief the incoming duty security operation assistant on all events, especially pending cases for which action is to be taken;
- Perform radio checks, as directed by the SA/ASC/Local Security Assistant (LSA) and Security Operation Centre Supervisor;
- Maintain up-to-date records of all security section supplies;
- Conduct residence security surveys.
- When required, he/she will assist police during investigations in all security related incidents involving UN staff;
- Provide relevant assistance to visiting staff members requiring assistance through radio or telephone channels;
- Keep the SA /ASC / LSA and Security Operation Centre Supervisor informed of any information or incident that could have a bearing on the security of staff and property;
- Prepare and conduct security briefings.
Security Communication Equipment
- Ensure that all communication equipment (i.e. VHF and HF radios, fax mobile and land-line phones) are in perfect working conditions before the start of duty.
- Assist with preparation of UN IDS and Access badges when on day shift;
- Driving office vehicle for the transport of UNDSS staff on missions/field trips and delivery and collection of documents and other items;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, servicing done and keeps a logbook up to date;
- Daily Maintenance record of the office vehicle;
- Logbooks record as monthly record and report;
- Office car is maintained in the good mechanical working conditions;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the SA/ASC/LSA and Security Operation Centre Supervisor.
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Ability to drive long distances with good knowledge of Ghana Road Map
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is required.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Physically fit
- 4 years of experience in the field of work
- 1 year of experience in telecommunication
- 4 years of experience in driving
Desired additional skills:
- Knowledge in Vehicle Maintenance is desirable.
Required Language(s) (at working level):
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Ghanaian language is required.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th Jan, 2023