Security Guard at Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences (GAAS)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences (GAAS)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Objectives of the Ghana Academy
The Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences (GAAS) was established by an Act of Parliament in 1959, to encourage the creation, acquisition, dissemination, and utilization of knowledge for national development. It is made up of Fellows who have distinguished themselves in the Arts and Sciences and is led by a Council consisting of a President, Vice-Presidents, an Honorary Secretary and other elected members.
The Academy’s work is administered through a Secretariat consisting of the Executive Secretary and other administrative, secretarial and clerical staff. The Executive Secretary is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Academy under the Honorary Secretary, and drives the strategic plan and other policy directives under the general guidance of the Council.
Position: Security Guard – Night
Under the Executive Secretary, the Security Guard (Night) is responsible for securing the premises and personnel by patrolling the premises, monitoring and inspecting building, equipment, vehicles and access points.
Scope of Work
• Patrol premises of the Academy and monitor movements to and from the premises at night;
• Inspect buildings, equipment, and access points to guard against theft, property damage, violence, infraction of rules, intrusion, etc;
• Prevent losses and damage by reporting theft, unauthorized persons, illegal or suspicious activities and unusual occurrences;
• Complete reports by recording observations, information and occurrences;
• Establish cordial relationships with personnel in all departments; and
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Secretary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must possess a minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE/GCE Ordinary Level/General Business Certificate Examination with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics;
• Any additional certification in a security related area from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
• Must have at least two years of relevant experience.
• Vigilant, alert and always aware of one’s surroundings;
• Must be honest and have integrity;
• Physically and medically fit and within a healthy and weight range;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
• Good manners and comportment; and
• Must not be more than thirty-five (35) years of age by the end of December 2023.
Performance-based promotion or until the incumbent reaches the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
Remuneration: Remuneration is equivalent to that of a Security Guard (Night) in a public university in Ghana
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Search Committee, Ghana Academy, through email address:
[email protected] Hard copy applications should also be submitted to the Search Committee at the physical address already indicated.
The application pack whether electronic or hard copy should contain the following:
• Application letter;
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates; and
• For the positions of Executive Secretary and Procurement Officer, a statement of about 2,500 words indicating how the applicants intend to promote the strategic plan of the Academy.
Closing Date: 31 May, 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.