Security Control Center (SCC) Lead at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To supervise the Accra Security Control Center (SCC) activities as the supervisor responsible for the monitoring of the regional office security operation, exploration personnel/activities and travel security administration.
- The role is also to provide administrative support to the Accra Senior Security Supervisor regarding office, residential and hotel security risk assessments.
- As the Security Control Center (SCC) Lead, attend to all Life Threatening (Fire, Medical, and Crime) and Non-Life Threatening (General Services) calls within the Newmont regional head office operational area and provide support to the Security Control Center (SCC’s) at Ahafo and Akyem as required.
- Liaise with local municipal, law enforcements and contract security service provider structures to provide support and/or response when required.
In This Role You Will:
- Supervise the Accra Security Control Center (SCC) operational activities and personnel as the Supervisor.
- Train, coach and transfer knowledge to all Security Control Center (SCC) controllers/staff.
- Ensure all electronic equipment in the SCC (i.e. CCTV, Access Control, Radios, Servers, Fire Panels, Alarms, Telephones, Computers, Trackers GPS system, other) remain functional and operationally serviceable at all times (24/7) and check systems daily.
- Compile a daily serviceability report to the Accra Senior Security Supervisor.
- Monitor and conduct security surveillance of the Regional Office premises, perimeter, vehicles, facilities, access control, people movement, vendor activities, main gate and surrounding area and to report and/or dispatch security officers to investigate suspicious activities and illicit behaviors.
- Ensure the operational serviceability and performance of the vehicle tracking systems in accordance with the service provider contract.
- Prepare daily blotter reports for the Accra Senior Security Supervisor.
- Liaise with the security service provider guard force coordinator and check the daily guard deployment reports before onward submission to the Accra Senior Security Supervisor.
- Coordinate and compile daily reports regarding open electronic media sources of information, security intelligence and exploration related news items for the information of all the sites security managers including the Regional Security Director.
- Coordinate daily with the SCCs at Ahafo and Akyem regarding mutual regional site security matters.
- Conduct daily monitoring of exploration movement inside Ghana and the Region outside Ghana by means of tracking and voice communication.
- Prepare and transmit daily exploration tracking and communication reports to the Accra Senior Security Supervisor, Regional Security Director and Regional Exploration Director.
- Ensure a high standard of telephone and communication etiquettes by all SCC controllers/staff.
- Ensure that all SCC controllers/staff are fully trained to utilize all SCC equipment to support security and exploration operations.
- Transmit Mass Communication messages to all Newmont employees when required.
- Ensure that all Newmont Security Standards and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) related to the Accra SCC operation are up to date.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification from an internationally recognized tertiary.
- Personal Computer (PC) skills using office software such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Control Centre operations knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ working experience in Control Room function.
- Incumbent must have a good track record and history of solved cases with a commensurate knowledge in basic investigative techniques.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills required in presenting the facts of a matter.
- Supervision skills.
- Must be prepared to obtain further training on security systems and/or American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS) international qualification on Physical Security Professional (PSP) certification or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Takes initiative.
- Attention to details.
- Team player
- Position is located at Accra.
- Position may be required to travel to, and assist other domestic sites, including mines.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th Feb. 2022