SAP System Advisor at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as SAP System Advisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The SAP System Advisor is accountable for coordinating and delivering the SAP PM business solution in AGAG to fully function within the agreed budget costs and timeframes. The role holder will lead the set-up of SAP and will be monitoring the progress and controlling the progress directly using the AGAG planners through the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning stages, interfacing and coordinating the SAP PM activities for all the equipment at AGAG.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Provide technical input to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Advise and train the planners on the use of SAP PM in the planning the of the construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Issue environmental related instruction to any employees at the workplace
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Utilise, ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Provide guidance and training to the planning team and entire Obuasi in fully effective use of SAP PM within the timeframes and budget agreed, such that users will to be fully conversant with and competent in application of all aspects of the SAP PM modules, creating super-users
- Identify all points where SAP PM knowledge can be enhanced across the maintenance and operations on Obuasi site
- Develop a skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements and when complete will provide the correct level of competencies in the SAP PM for all users in planning
- Verify that supervisors complete the skills matrix and maintain up-to-date
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action.
- Input into the design and constructability process, ensuring safe constructability remains a high priority. Including HAZID’s and HAZOP’s and schedule development.
- Provide major inputs to Operational Readiness for the Surface engineering/maintenance throughout the operation.
- Develop the Operational Readiness plan for the Engineering team including localization plan.
- Implement the approved organizational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements planning.
- Develop in SAP PM, an asset management strategy in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance planning activities.
- Lead the implementation of AMPL, TM1 and support the AGA Asset Management framework implementation in Obuasi
- Ensure the planning of the work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices – carry out corrective action.
- Ensure the competencies allow the implementation of corporate programs,e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc across areas of control.
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Manage the department in line with operational budget
- Set up SAP PM for the maintenance of the Processing Plant, Underground and Surface mine infrastructure and equipment within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
- Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
- Oversee refurbishment witness inspections and testing regime to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations.
- Proactively identify and manage change to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Certificate in Maintenance Planning
- Certificate in SAP PM, asset management and Maintenance Planning Tool, and SAP trainer certification
- Certificate in Materials Management (ERP usage for maintenance parts and consumables).
- Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage.
- Financial, Commercial and Project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced SAP PM, Maintenance Planning and ERP Trainer; a mechanical/electrical/ maintenance engineer with 10+ years’ experience in maintenance planning for Surface Processing Plant, Underground and Surface Mine Infrastructure and Equipment.
- 5+ years’ experience in training SAP PM, ERP and Planning Modules to create fully competent knowledgeable users and super- users to budget and timeframe.
- Detailed competency and knowledge of SAP PM module and ERP (SAP) operation and usage
- An SAP “Guru” and certified SAP trainer (particularly for PM and Planning modules)
- Experience in management of planning for Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Must possess Engineering Managers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong knowledge in SAP, especially PM and Planning, ERP
- Strong maintenance planning competencies in fixed and mobile plants and mining
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems.
- Excellent skills in SAP (particularly Maintenance and Parts/Consumable Materials Modules), Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel.
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrate understanding of good engineering practices and the implement proactive maintenance strategies
- Must train a team of “knowledgeable, competent to “super”- users of SAP PM;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Find innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th May. 2022