Safety Officer – Underground at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as: :SAFETY OFFICER – UNDERGROUND
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The role holder is to co-ordinate the health, & safety programme geared towards promotion of Safety & Health and prevention of personal injuries and property loss, proper and acceptable practices, training, implementation and monitoring so as to satisfy the basic HSE requirements in the Underground Operations
- Identify and correct unsafe work practices or conditions before accident occur, through regular inspection and fostering the safety attitude among the workforce during visits.
- Conduct planned inspection & audits using checklist periodically, aimed at evaluating compliance with standards and checking the state of safety of all equipment.
- Ensure that all the statutory requirements that have a bearing on occupational health and Safety are adhered to.
- Conduct formal risk assessment of the underground activities and ensure that all significant risks identified from the risk assessment as well as all other sources, such as audit reports, are captured and that appropriate corrective actions are planned and implemented.
- Conduct investigations into the causes of all accidents, recommending, and enforcing the implementation of remedial measures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure compliance in conducting periodic planned job observations and planned inspections on various categories of the workmen and related underground plant infrastructure to enhance safe work practices.
- Enhance enforcement of compliance to lead activities.
- Attend, participate and / or facilitate safety meetings including Safety Committee meetings and Toolbox Meetings
- Conduct periodic on-the-job training for the various categories of workers to heighten their safety awareness to ensure they carry out their tasks in the safety manner.
- Perform with considerable degree of independent accountability, technical work in support of the department’s core functions and processes.
- Provide leadership and support to achieve single integrated system for management of events, risks, reports, competencies, compliances, and procedures
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in mining engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Physical Sciences or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Health and Safety Certificate of Competency – Ghana Minerals Commission
- Must have at least 3+ years underground working experience with exposure to mining regulations.
- Must have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of General Safety rules and regulations, especially Underground Safety
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to operate manual transmission (4X4) vehicles in rough terrain environments, such as
- Experienced in facilitating incident investigations for incident with minor – high potentials
- Knowledge and experience in Accident investigations
- Knowledge and Experience in Auditing based on ISO 45001
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2023