Safety Officer – Mobile Equipment & Traffic Management at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as:
SAFETY OFFICER – MOBILE EQUIPMENT AND TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
The purpose of this role is to implement and improve processes to monitor the implementation of site mobile equipment and traffic management policies, programs and initiatives as well as enforcement of same. The role holder will be expected to help improve site mobile equipment incident prevalence by performing works necessary to ensure adherence to mobile equipment standards, mining regulations, completion of safety training, and traffic management plan.
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Act on all employee environmental complaints and suggestions
- Identify and make input to the development of annual budget and ensure direct Manager or Manager once removed is informed of cost items.
- Support the planning and implementation of projects to improve traffic management, including coordinating with other departments, such as Mining and Engineering.
- Provide support to direct supervisor during the setting up of programs to enforce site traffic rules, mobile equipment standards and policies across site.
- Assist with the development of programs to improve pedestrian safety, such as walkway audits or construction of walkways across the mine.
- Monitor drivers using in-vehicle monitoring systems and other equipment to identify problems that need to be addressed and communicate same to leadership through direct supervisor.
- Coordinating with other relevant departments to ensure effective investigation of mobile equipment related incident across site.
- Support direct Manager to deliver the work of the Department within approved budget, specified timeframes and related KPIs.
- Provide support to the operations team by maintaining a visible presence on the field performing site visits to ensure relevant risks are adequately managed.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the mine regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development.
- Support environmental management that is integrated into team’s work plan and implemented during execution of work
- Rigorously drive the implementation of safety initiatives and strategies among the various AGAG departments and contractor operations
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Health, Safety and Environmental Officer Competency Certificate from Minerals Commission of Ghana.
- Must have a Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, or related fields from a recognised institution.
- Must have a basic professional qualification (NEBOSH IGC, or better.) in Health and Safety.
- ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Certification from a recognize institution will be an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working experience in the mining industry.
- Must have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of Safety rules and regulations.
- Understanding of Safety Management Systems including ISO 45001.
- Has successfully completed Accident Investigations course and can apply this knowledge to lead investigations for moderate or high events and can participate as a team member in High Potential Accident investigations.
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills as well as excellent report writing.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license and be able to demonstrate adequate competence in driving.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft programs.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th August, 2023