Safety, Health & Environment Site Officer I at AECOM
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AECOM
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
The HSS Supervisor is responsible for leading the site safety communication and training and ensure that laid down controls are being adhered to by all. He/She is responsible for the planned inspection of equipment and plants as well as emergency safety equipment on site. He/she will directly collaborate with contractor Safety Officers and Engineering Supervisors to enforce the requirements of the project HSS plan.
The HSS Supervisor’s duties will include, but will not be limited to, taking particular responsibility for;
- Assisting in the achievement of HSS goals and initiatives by enforcing HSS policies and procedures in compliance with national regulations as they apply to the project.
- Reviewing method statements and ensuring that all site activities are risk assessed and required controls are implemented before any activity commences.
- Ensuring adherence to project policies, procedures, and rules at all work fronts.
- Facilitating safety meetings with contractors and subcontractors, training on SOP’s and various miscellaneous initiatives as requested.
- Leading pre-task briefings and toolbox talks on site.
- Considering the appropriateness of protective equipment and ensuring employees have everything they need to work safely.
- Conducting daily site inspections and surveys and leading the close out of any deviations on site.
- Ensuring safe operation of all equipment through timely equipment inspections by all contractors and subcontractors
- Implementing and enforcing the project Permit to Work (PTW) system for high-risk activities.
- Training and enforcing the stop work (red card) policy
- Ensuring that all incidents including near misses and complaints are reported, investigated, and follow up actions are implemented.
- Leading and supporting the onsite emergency response for all emergency situations.
- Maintaining proper records of all site activities and preparing reports to the HSS Manager
- Monitoring employee’s safety performance and recommending incentives or disciplinary actions for workers.
- Under direct supervision, implements policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with health and safety requirements of the organization.
- Provides technical leadership and functional guidance to ensure regulatory standards are being enforced.
- Ensures that quality control procedures are executed to monitor all aspects of regulations.
- Serves in a liaison capacity with the resident contract agency representative and other various agencies engaged in promoting environmental safety and health activities.
- Drafts all necessary reports to federal, state and local agencies.
- Coordinates audits of health and safety programs within the organization.
- Assists in the development and conducts basic health, safety and environment (HSE) training to employees.
- Communicates programs to enhance employee awareness of prevention and compliance.
- May administer a HSE program on a small to medium sized, specialized, project or multiple projects.
- Prepares reports and recommends corrective action.Technically responsible for a major phase or component of a project.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th Feb, 2023