Rotating Equipment Engineer at Tullow Oil PLC
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil PLC
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Rotating Equipment Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Accra, Ghana. This is a specialist role in Critical Rotating Equipment and Reliability Engineering. It provides leadership and guidance relating to equipment reliability and availability in relation to maintenance.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day reliability of the FPSO systems and equipment. You will identify and manage asset reliability risks that could affect production efficiency.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities Include
Critical Equipment Management
- Identify and monitor the management of critical equipment for possible impact on the technical integrity of the facility and/or production and ensure that all requirements regarding maintenance, inspection and operation are met.
- Manages the major rotating equipment intervention schedules and plans.
- Serves as the Technical Authority for all issues pertaining to the site’s rotating equipment by assisting with troubleshooting activities, resolving repeat failures, critical spares identification/management, and manages all related service contracts.
- Provide detailed reliability and life cycle cost analysis for units and projects as directed by the Maintenance and Integrity Manager.
- Build and Maintain a Reliability Database based on Operations and Industry Reliability data.
- Lead and assist with reliability studies and projects using Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) as required throughout the unit life cycle.
- Owns the RAM model and responsible for its ongoing update and accuracy. Provides assurance as to the updates made by the project team when delivering new systems.
- Develop, analyse and report key reliability performance indicators – KPI’s.
- Use reliability data to develop prioritized equipment reliability improvement programs.
- Facilitate, lead, and/or participate in assessment teams focused on improving asset reliability, utilization and operating efficiency.
- Use RAM, RCM, FMECA, RCA output to inform Equipment owners (discipline engineering leads) of changes required to optimize Equipment Maintenance Strategies.
- Recommend and implement upgrades/modifications to equipment to increase reliability and reduce maintenance cost and operating issues.
- Conduct vulnerabilities analysis and develop remedial action plans
- Lead equipment failure investigations and facilitates appropriate Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Analyse predictive maintenance data and initiate follow-on corrective work.
- Work with Operations and Maintenance personnel to troubleshoot equipment faults on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in scope development and repair of critical equipment as an adviser to Operations and Engineering concerning equipment/facilities capabilities and improvement opportunities.
Spares and Materials
- Advise Maintenance and Supply Chain on requirements for critical spares and inventory stock levels.
- Participate in the development and delivery of Reliability training.
- Post graduate industry experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in the offshore oil and gas industry preferred.
- Experience within operations and maintenance of production facilities.
- Advanced knowledge and experience (FSE level required) in the operations, maintenance, and management of Rotating Equipment is required, specifically, aeroderivative gas turbine packages (LM2500), centrifugal and reciprocating gas compressors, multi-stage high-pressure centrifugal pumps (V&H), steam turbines, gearboxes, and 19mw generator packages.
- Expert working knowledge of basic reliability processes and tools including RAM (critical), RCM, FMECA, Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA), and Root Cause Analysis.
- Demonstrable experience and competency deemed skillful in the following areas:
- Root cause assessment techniques such as 5 Whys and Fault Tree
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability modelling.
- Failure Mode Effect and Cause Analysis (FMECA)
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
- User level experience of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Lean knowledge and implementation desirable
- A bachelor’s degree or tertiary equivalent in a relevant engineering or related discipline.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th May. 2022