Research Officer (Policy Analysis, Research Support, and Capacity Budding) at Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Research Officer (Policy Analysis, Research Support, and Capacity Budding) is a key staff member within the GAAS Secretariat, responsible for research proposals development, policy analysis, capacity building, and providing research support to the Sections, Chapters, and Committees of the Academy. The Research Officer (Policy Analysis. Research Support and Capacity Building) reports to the Executive Secretary and works closely with Programme Officers in the various departments and units of the Academy.
The candidate for this position must have a professional understanding of the entire process of developing research proposals, research design, data collection and analysis, and writing policy-driven research reports. The candidate should be adept at employing both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Tracks and analyses relevant trends, data. legislation, and administrative actions to identify emerging research opportunities for GAAS Sections, Chapters, and Committees
- Works closely with GAAS Sections, Chapters, and Committees to identify and develop funding opportunities relevant to their research areas.
- Develops and submits research proposals to funding sources, Organizing the necessary resource persons and Principal investigators Collaborate with Principal Investigators on developing and managing research activities, including research design, data collection and analysis, project implementation and coordination, report writing, and presentations to key stakeholders
- Ensures that overall performance activities, related
- documentation and reporting comply with funding requirements
- Monitors the need for contract amendments or modifications with funding sources
- Works closely with Principal Investigators to ensure that research budgets are spent according to funding contracts and GAAS regulations
- Tracks and communicates progress of funded research contracts to Executive Secretary and GAAS Council
- Reviews and submits, in a timely fashion, progress reports to funding sources
- Track and monitor emerging issues to enable the Academy to provide
evidence-bawl advice on critical or time-sensitive national issues.
- Conduct policy analysis to assist the Sections, Chapters, and Committees to evaluate and recommend policies to key stakeholders and relevant audiences
- Prepare or assist in the preparation and timely delivery of research papers, reports, policy briefs, and presentations for dissemination by the Academy
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant policymakers and influencers in government, universities, professional associations, and other organizations.
- Organize proposal development training for GAAS staff
- Provide training materials to support proposal development rapacity building within GAAS
- Establish exemplary relationships with personnel In all departments
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Executive Secretary
Qualifications and Skills Required
- A good first degree in the Sciences or the Humanities.
- Master’s degree in Natural Sciences, Engineering, Public Policy, Political Science, Law. other Social Sciences with applied research and policy interests that fall within the remit of GAAS Chapters.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be addressed and e-mailed to Honorary Secretary: [email protected]
Deadline: September 17, 2021