Reliability Engineer – Fleet at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Reliability Engineer – Fleet.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Reliability Engineer – Fleet is accountable for systematically defining, designing, developing, monitoring and refining asset maintenance tactics and strategies to facilitate reliability centered maintenance systems implementation and development of world-class maintenance practices for Underground and Surface Mobile Plant (Fleet), and related infrastructure/facilities belonging to this area.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
- Provide technical input to management to develop the safety management plan, consistent with AGA’s standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the area.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve design and field safety performance.
- Apply the ‘working elements’ (inspections, audits, JSA, etc.) of the Safety Management System and deliver compliance.
- Deliver timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with actions plans developed to prevent recurrences.
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilise, ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate system interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Reduce energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within the sphere of influence.
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the maintenance strategy.
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance by the workforce.
- Guide subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance.
- Verify that supervisors and superintendents develop a skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements.
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action.
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for critical positions with the right supportive development plan.
- Conduct QA/QC to ensure the work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Identify sub-standard work practices and work o closely with fleet maintenance team to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Assign tasks to subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan.
- Lead condition monitoring and predictive maintenance programs to prevent unplanned equipment downtime and enable equipment lifespan optimization to its fullest
Provide strategies and tactics that enable cost effective, timely and safe maintenance to occur
- Review, develop and improve maintenance tactics
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Support in the implementation of corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc. across areas of control.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace.
- Conduct review of SAP Maintenance tactics based on condition monitoring and other findings from all maintenance activities
- Drive proper usage of SAP PM change management for fleet maintenance
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- MLA, Ultrasonic analysis, Thermography level 1
- Certified RCA facilitator
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced Mechanical/ Electrical engineer with over 5 years’ experience in mobile equipment maintenance
- A strong track record of implementing maintenance improvement projects for mobile equipment such as loaders, dump trucks and drills
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC) and Mobile equipment.
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Strong competencies in mobile equipment maintenance and reliability philosophies
- Strong technical knowledge of major HMEs such as Drills, Loaders and Trucks
- Strong data analysis skills
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute to project delivery and maintenance systems.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviours for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th March. 2022