Registrar at Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Governing Council of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) announces for the information of interested candidates, vacancies for the positions of Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Director of Finance and Librarian, and invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the positions which become vacant on 1st October, 2023.
Koforidua Technical University was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 922 (2016) and amended by Act 974 (2018). The vision of the University is to be providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence in applied research and a reference point for solutions to community problems; the mission of the University is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills in collaboration with industry; and the core values of the University are innovation, integrity and impact.
The University currently has a total student population of 8,500 students and a total staff population of 651.
The Position OF THE REGISTRAR
• The Registrar, who is the Chief Operating Officer under the Vice-Chancellor is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the University.
• The Registrar is the Secretary to Council and all other Boards and Statutory Committees of the University.
• He/she provides strategic advice and briefings to the Vice-Chancellor and is expected to provide leadership and management across a number of administrative activities in the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
A person seeking appointment as Registrar must have:
• A minimum of Master’s degree preferably in Administration and/or Management related fields of study;
• Served as a Registrar or Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least six (6) years on the Deputy Registrar position;
• Excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills;
• A deep appreciation of the higher education landscape in Ghana;
• A strong proven sense of public morality and integrity, and
• Considerable experience in dealing with a wide range of internal and external publics; and
• Appreciable knowledge in Information Communication and Technology.
Terms of Appointment
• The Registrar shall hold office for a term of four (4) years and is eligible for re-appointment for another term only provided that no part of the renewed term enters the compulsory retirement age.
• Salary and Conditions attached to the position are very attractive
How To Apply For The Job
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with
• SIX (6) copies of the Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees. The applicant should ensure that the referee reports get to the Chairman by 21st August, 2023.
• A statement of Candidate’s Vision for the University, which should not exceed three pages.
The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Appointment as Registrar of Koforidua Technical University.”
The marked applications for each of the positions should reach any of the following addresses in both hard and soft copies not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023.
Search Committee for:
Director of Finance
C/o Head, Human Resources
Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
PO Box KF 981
Soft copies must be forwarded to
Closing Date: 21 August, 2023