Regional VP HR at Newmont Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana - NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
Per the Minerals Commission regulations on Local content, this role is reserved for Ghanaians.
The Regional Human Resources Vice President will partner with the regional senior leadership team and global HR group to progress HR initiatives to achieve the people vision of creating an environment where everyone belongs, thrives and is valued. This dynamic professional will lead a team of HR professionals and set the direction for HR in the region, providing leadership in people strategy and influencing the culture and performance of the organization through the establishment and execution of frameworks, policies, and best-practices. This role is also responsible for Camp Services (accommodation, transportation and meals for crew members) as well as Technical Training.
The REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES VICE PRESIDENT is a key contributor in delivering the business’s objectives and contributing to the long-term strategy of the Company. The successful candidate will provide vision and leadership across the function and be responsible for ensuring quality and timely HR delivery across the business.
In this role you will
- Continue to advance the HR strategy aligned to Newmont’s priorities encompassing employee relations, industrial relations, total rewards organizational development and design, talent management, learning and development, inclusion & diversity, HRIS, and HR compliance.
- Actively support the execution of the regional business plans through efficient processes in all areas of HR utilizing continuous improvement efforts, industry best practices, and technology.
- Drive organizational change across the region and in alignment with desired culture shifts (collaboration, innovation, people development and an environment of transparency and openness); support integration of every site into the broader Newmont culture.
- Continue to drive employee engagement and productivity across all levels, including professional, technical, and operations workforces; with an eye toward motivating and inspiring the next generation of diverse and inclusive leaders
- Implement the workforce planning practices and criteria that ensures a robust and diverse talent pipeline of people who are fully capable of delivering position requirements and have sufficient growth potential to support succession and growth at all levels of the operation.
- As a member of the regional leadership team, contribute to the definition and execution of the regional operational and growth strategies; including integration of new projects and operations.
- As a member of the global HR leadership team, contribute to the overall HR strategy for the enterprise and ensure the regional and site perspective and requirements are considered and integrated.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement new or improved strategies for the HR function at the regional and mine-site level, in alignment with corporate strategies, policies and procedures.
- Using a practical approach, identify, initiate, and execute HR projects and programs that will have a long-term impact for the regional business ensuring proper stakeholdering, change management and sustainment.
- Provide strategic direction, counsel, and partnership with the regional senior management team as it relates to HR initiatives. Assist with the long-term regional and Life of Mine work plans. Also provide HR perspective and coaching to regional team members.
Your Training, Skills, & Experience Checklist
The successful candidate will demonstrate integrity above reproach, have proven experience as an HR leader in an international organization with a sound technical background in all aspects of HR. Prior experience in best-in-class capital intensive, heavy industrial multinationals of similar size and complexity. The Regional Human Resources Vice President will bring unique ideas and be able to provide commercially astute insights, thoughtful conversation and measured strategic guidance, and possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Led country and/or regional HR administration of multi-site, multi-functional organizations, in partnership with senior leadership and in collaboration with corporate HR leaders.
- Experience Designing and delivering an HR strategy for a region or business unit
- Built and maintained good working relationships with executives, senior management, and asset leaders. Be regarded as a trusted business advisor and partner.
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to manage unique regional considerations; display an elevated level of empathy and strong emotional intelligence and possess a reputation for sound business partnership and people leadership.
- Built and maintained constructive relationships with labour unions, communities, and other external partners; with a proven reputation in managing conflict. Track record of successfully delivering agreements and managing partnerships with unions.
- Regarded as an inspirational people leader. Previously led and mentored highly effective HR teams within a matrixed managed organization. Cultivates teamwork across functions and locations (global, regional, and corporate).
- Partner as the primary contact for the head of the business, geography/division
- Well-rounded business knowledge and strong business acumen, with the ability to contribute to the team beyond the HR function and identify risk across the region. Be able to demonstrate a strong connection in terms of production, profit and loss, operating margins, and global and domestic business influences.
- Developed and implemented short- and long-term HR strategies, policies, programs and initiatives with supporting infrastructure and resources including HRIS systems. A proven record of accomplishment of aligning the HR strategy to the business resulting in improved organizational performance.
Working conditions & location
Where you will be located!
- The position is located at the Africa Regional office in Accra and will regularly travel nationally to the mine sites with some international travel to the Denver Head Office.
- Extended and unexpected hours is the norm.
Per the Minerals Commission regulations on Local content, this role is reserved for Ghanaians
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th April, 2023