Regional Subaward Finance at FHI 360
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Regional Subaward Finance & Compliance Officer supports the development and implementation of processes related to issuing and managing subawards. Work will include quality review of subaward packages, documents, and issues related to subaward financial monitoring, and training and support of WAMERO and project staff in policies and procedures related to subaward budgeting and financial monitoring. S/he will work under the supervision of the Associate Director, Quality Assurance to strengthen and support subaward work and processes. Focus will be on compliance with processes and standards related to financial aspects of subaward execution and management.Accountabilities:
- Review subaward (sub-grant or sub-contract) packages prepared by country office and project teams to ensure completeness of documentation and compliance with FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures, with particular focus in budget, budget narrative and financial risk assessment;
- Review subaward (sub-grant or sub-contract) close-out packages and provide guidance to project teams on issues related to closing of subawards including reconciling of financial reports and payments;
- Support project teams with budget development and resolving finance related issues;
- Build capacity of project teams related to budget development, financial assessment of subrecipients, financial monitoring of subawards, and other finance related tasks;
- Liaise with finance, contracts, and technical teams to provide necessary feedback to improve different elements of subaward packages (such as budgets, budget narratives, negotiation memorandum, pre-award assessment, etc.);
- Support project teams as needed to ensure proper monitoring is taking place including providing review, feedback, and problem-solving with issues arising from monthly financial reports;
- Provide guidance to project teams in understanding documentation and filing requirements to ensure projects have complete subaward files;
- Identify areas of compliance risk and escalate as necessary to appropriate levels of leadership;
- Problem-solve with project staff around issues specific to subaward compliance, budgeting, and financial monitoring, coordinating with project and regional office leadership as needed;
- Support work with Enterprise Services on revising and improving existing processes;
- Contribute to work with WAMERO colleagues to identify and develop process improvements and implement best practices related to subaward management;
- Train project staff on internal processes, standards, best practices, and compliance issues related to developing and managing subawards;
- Maintain knowledge of donor rules and regulations and inform the team of the changes in policies and procedures.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of donor (USG and non-USG) rules and regulations required; for acquisition (contracts) and assistance (cooperative agreements and grants).
- Ability to review and analyze budgets, budget narratives, financial reports and reconcile financial information related to subawards.
- Familiar with basic principles of subaward management and related budgets.
- Applies updated information technology to facilitate program goals and program procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communicate structured information in a clear, concise, and organized manner suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Interacts with colleagues using both oral and written communication skills to discuss processes or issues
- Documents complex issues and effectively articulates written conclusions.
- Reviews and edits work of others.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Fluency in French language is preferred.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information and data.
- Reviews and determines compliance with laws and regulations; draws conclusions; makes recommendations for approval.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems; identifies substantive issues that are thoroughly and accurately researched and analyzed.
- May review and analyze recommendations from peers.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization.
- Errors may be detected and corrected.
- May support internal and external audit requests.
- Explains variances in a concise manner.
- Performs work with a high degree of independence to determine practical methods and procedures for effective performance
- Elevates to supervisor any unusual problems encountered.
- Keeps supervisor updated on project status, discrepancies, and any unusual situations that will impact timely completion of reports or projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent. Finance? Master’s preferred?
- 5 years relevant experience working on projects that issued subawards and performing activities associated with ensuring compliance with donor’s and company’s requirements.
- Knowledge of donor (USG and non-USG) rules and regulations including but not limited to USAID.
- Experience with subaward budgets and financial monitoring of grants.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
Technology to be Used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, video conferencing, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones.
- Less than 10%
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th June, 2023