Regional Program Finance Analyst at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Finance professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Accounting, the Regional Program Finance Analyst will be the Key Partner to the Regional Head of Finance, accountable for Program financial risk management through financial planning, monitoring and, financial analysis for decision-making. This role will be responsible for leading the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis for region’s programs (Including Opex), and liaising with Program Operations/Strategy & Planning functions, to provide broad decision support analytics whilst ensure completeness and accuracy of programmatic financial data.
The successful candidate will be based in Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Finance business partner to the Regional Finance Head.
- Provide end-to-end financial support, providing financial information, tools, analysis, and insight, enabling more effective & informed decisions and driving strategy.
- Structure, build, and maintain financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations for the program’s portfolio.
- Strategically support the decision making on tools and technology to understand how different systems and tools work together to enable data/information of decision making.
- Support board reporting for the Finance function and Regional Director.
- Develop & drive the budgeting cycle for Programs Function (Disbursement, Commitments and Opex) and providing analysis and explanation of current and historic performance in collaboration with the enterprise FP&A team.
- Build and maintain rolling forecast (per agreed accuracy KPIs & timeframes) Opex, commitments and disbursements and linkages on how the foundation is tracking towards delivery of strategic objectives and achievement of its DQ & Impact obligations.
- Accountable for ensuring programmatic financial data in the grant management system is complete and accurate per agreed timelines and coordinating the month end processes for Financial reporting across the region.
- Ensure dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor the foundation’s performance as regards the programs portfolio as complete & accurate in a timely manner.
- Provide management with insights into drivers of strategic objectives, as well as risks and opportunities.
- Liaise with Programs teams for inputs to aid in consolidation of monthly management reports together with the Program Finance & Enterprise FP&A Team & the Strategy planning teams.
- Collaborate with Accounting and FP&A to optimize and expedite FP&A inputs to the monthly close process.
- Prepare succinct and clear executive presentations (financial information) that simplify complex topics, often with time sensitive deliverables.
- Lead and drive the quality, timeliness and accuracy of reporting for the finance team within the region including putting in place controls and support structures for the team.
- Undertake Variance analysis of reported data to generate insights for the teams to drive resource allocation and decision support
- Integrate impact measurement into forecasting and reporting processes.
- Develop and embed reporting processes & routines together with the Regional Finance Heads across the program finance teams that enable availability of accurate and timely information for decision support for the programs teams & continuously identify opportunities for improvement.
- Any other tasks as maybe required from time to time.
Who You Are
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Qualified or Part Qualified or another relevant qualification is required.
- 7-10 years of experience in a highly quantitative role, with rigorous forecast and analytics reporting accountability.
- A minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related field.
- Experience in a similar role within a large global organization would be an added advantage.
- Significant demonstrated experience in forecasting, budgeting and reporting.
- Working knowledge of recording financial transaction.
- Depth of Regional FP&A business partnering experience is required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and Microsoft office skills.
- Ability to present financial information in a clear and concise manner to various senior stakeholder including to a Board level audience.
- Experience in use of analysis tools such as Power BI, to distil complex issues into simple models and decision-making frameworks.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to connect dots across a large organization.
- Self-starter, proactive with strong collaboration and teamwork abilities.
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to effectively challenge the status quo.
- Excellent quantitative skills, with the ability to build detailed models in Excel.
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion.
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is April 03, 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April. 2022