Regional Procurement Operations Lead at Puma Energy
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Puma Energy
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Leadership of Procurement resources (direct reports) to deliver the efficient procurement of day to day requirements of the business. Understands and analyses processes and outputs to improve effectiveness of operations whilst ensuring all elements of procurement controls are upheld.
Develops the skills and outputs of the team, by providing tools and training and positively challenging existing ways of working, towards achieving business goals, always with high levels of compliance with Puma policies, guidelines and procedures.
Serves as Business Engagement Leader (BEL) with key stakeholders across Puma’s operations in the region ensuring procurement annual plans and targets are agreed and built into business plans.
Works very closely with global and regional category teams to ensure these teams are well infoprmed and that solutions are fit for purpose throughout the region
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Leadership and development of Procurement operations team to create and sustain a team that thinks regionally and acts locally to optimize efficiency and capture benefits.
- Ensures direct reports comply with Procurement strategies, overall business objectives and company policies.
- Ensures sourcing activities are conducted efficiently and that Puma’s expenditure is spent wisely across the region
- Supervises and coordinates activities of subordinates, such as work schedules, category strategies, dashboards, procedures, duties, performance evaluations and performance development plans.
- Responsible to provide tools, training, communication venues. Develops direct reports, in order to foster continuous improvement.
- Recognizes the good performers and pursues their growth as business leaders.
- Takes action on low performers, by providing development plans in order to keep them focused on areas of improvement.
- Develops Procurement plan relevant to each budget holder in the region to include sourcing strategies and processes focused on the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) concept.
- Promotes the use of Process Excellence and its tools in all sound business processes.
- Performs as Business Engagement Leader (BEL) developing deep expertise across Lines of Business (LOB) activities in order to feed this knowledge and insight into Procurement category strategies
- Responsible for Contracts Management and the need for an efficient vendor base across the region.
- Actively drives suppliers to be more efficient in how they perform for Puma. Ensures the overall procure to pay process, working hand in hand with finance operations, is efficient and automated where appropriate.
- Maintains proper control on privileged information and manages documentation in approved systems and/or physical locations. Keeps accurate timeliness on expiration of agreements and negotiation periods.
- Collaborate with other regional procurement operations manager leads, the global process and system manager and the procurement leadership team to define key performance indicators and compliance metrics.
- This includes maintenance and tracking of transactional productivity metrics (# requisitions, # PO’s, # of Frame Agreements, commodity spend, cumulative benefits, etc.).Establish process to periodically review metrics and KPI data to identify compliance gaps and process improvement opportunities.
- Conducts Industry and market research to identify best opportunities for the business.
- Creates Innovative environment for services and solutions among business partners and suppliers.
- Develops business case(s) and cost/benefit analyses for management team to facilitate sound business decision-making on where improvements to procurement operations can be made.
- Participates in the coordination of special projects, or any other related special task as assigned by department manager.
- Brings and develops expertise in automation of procurement activities, handling high volume of transactions in multiple geographies.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/ Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Extensive computer skills.
- MRP/ERP experience a plus.
- 8 years’ experience in Procurement with a successful track record in leading the development and execution of improvements to all procurement processes and especially the procure to pay process
- 5 years leadership responsibilities with direct supervision of procurement resources.
- Strong technical base ideally in the Oil & Gas industry in mid-stream and/or in multi-site retailing in multiple geographies
- Proficiency in Sourcing Process and procedures.
- Proficiency in developing supplier’s ways of working and contract management (solid background on contract terms and conditions).
- Demonstrated ability working cross-functionally and independently in a matrix organization.
- Experience in developing mutual relationships with key suppliers / internal stakeholders, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability of managing people / teams in a complex, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization.
- Experience managing culturally-diverse, functional, virtual organizations, international / global teams.
- Using Project management disciplines to structure and deliver outstanding results
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Procurement Function, Regional and Global Functions, Country General and Finance Managers, diverse Country Operational Functional Managers
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th May. 2022