Regional Network Optimization Specialist at Unilever
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
- maximizing asset utilization and identifies bottlenecks and unlocks
- tracking manufacturing efficiency to optimize capacity utilization and for early decision making, leveraging knowledge of current and future technologies within current SUs and global networks
- drive portfolio simplification and DBNR to meet market demand
- drive source and supply costs optimization through capex management, benchmarking against other SUs on technology fit vs application
- Responsible for capacity planning and for development/implementation of business cases to ensure capacity unlock through investment and consideration of alternative sourcing options including third party.
- Lead capacity planning activities ensuring delivery against operational volume requirements and which optimize manufacturing efficiency and costs
- Refine capacity planning systems and methods continually to ensure that each sourcing unit across respective MCO’s can better deliver on customer needs and meet business growth ambition
- Review the resolution of short-term supply issues escalated by the Supply Planning team, be the first point of contact for the Supply Planner to resolve supply constraints
- Drives planning process improvements and optimization of SC cost
- Works closely with Procurement on medium & long term RM/PM requirements and supply constraints, and advises the SU of these concerns; have full visibility of stock situation for strategic materials across the region. Also supports the RM/PM Resilience plan driven by Procurement
- Ensures and consolidates CU/OEE improvement plans for each site across the category. Highlight CU Hotspots and ensures plans are put in place to adequately close the gaps. Ensures outputs of the RCDSR are escalated to the MCO SC VP.
- Underutilized Assets & Plans to improve utilization: Ensures a clear roadmap is put in place to address underutilized assets and improve asset utilization
- Is responsible for planning and tracking the Capex budget for the category. Partners with the Cluster Engineering team & Global Engineering to determine Capex affordability by site for the Category. Ensures Capex budget is executed OTIF and as per agreed budget
- Portfolio Simplification: Engages with various CCBT’s to identify SKU’s for delist. Engages with MCO Planning team to ensure rundown plans are executed and the SKU’s are cleaned off the system
- Agility DBNR & Network segmentation.
- Engineering background & Factory Experience is essential.
- Experience in FMCG Supply Chain (Factory, Planning) is an advantage.
- Technical & Financial Acumen
- Understanding of business processes from other functions (Factory, Capex, Procurement, Marketing, etc.)
- Strong Influencing skills
- Unilever Supply Chain Knowledge
- Logistics, Supply Chain (APICS etc) qualification an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Technical Role and/OR
- 1-2 years’ experience in Operational Planning would be an advantage
TravelAs per job requirementsContactsInternal
- Supply Planners on SU Capacity utilisation plans, performance, target stock levels, RM/PM supply risks & supply contingency plans.
- Demand Planners on demand plans (range forecasts where necessary), target bias & forecast.
- Category Technology Manager on Capacity needs, Capex plans & capacity impact of new technology.
- Regional Category Innovation Planners, Sourcing Planners & Product Group Directors on sourcing case preparation.
- Procurement on medium to long term RM/PM supply.
- Ensures outputs of the RCDSR are communicated to the relevant SCVP
- 3PM Operational Team on strategic 3PM Capacity utilization.
REPORTING CHANNELReports to: Africa Home Care Supply Chain Lead & SC Digital Transformation DirectorUnilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2023