Regional Logistics officer at Chemonics International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Bolgatanga - Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Scope of Work
TITLE: 1. Upper East Regional Logistics officer / 2. Bono/Bono East/Ahafo Regional Logistics Officer
PROJECT: MOH/Global Fund Logistics Support Project
The Regional Logistic Officer will primarily provide technical support to the Regional Health Administration (RHAs) to implement supply chain prioritized interventions. The Officer will organize, coordinate and facilitate implementation of health commodities supply chain activities at regional level in collaboration with GHS, MOH Headquarters and Implementing Partners (IPs).
The officer will specifically support the Regional Health Administration in: the implementation of the Ghana Integrated Logistics Management Information System (GhiLMIS), the implementation of last mile distribution (LMD), inventory management of program commodities, gathering and analysis of logistics data to inform supply chain decisions at regional level, bi-monthly central level distribution, provision of targeted supportive supervision to lower level health facilities and, associated reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical assistance to support the functioning and sustainability of the regional level supply chain coordinating committee and facilitate regular meetings of the committee.
• Support and monitor the implementation of LMD in the region and provide technical assistance for the implementation of LMD standardized framework including the tasks associated with determining commodity volume as part of implementing LMD initiative.
• Provide supply chain management technical assistance to the RHA and RMS to support lower-level health systems strengthening initiatives through regular targeted supportive supervision to districts and service delivery points.
• Support the RMSs and health facilities to prepare and submit accurate and timely inventory and stock status reports including key recommendations to Programs (NACP, NMCP, FHD, TB) and identified regional and central level stakeholders. Similarly, follow up with the Programs and central level authorities to provide feedback on submitted reports to the RMSs and appropriate health facilities.
Ensure that the RHAs:
• are regularly engaged on logistics management issues
• are involved in monitoring, supervision, and capacity building activities prioritize strengthening logistics management in their regional work plans and budgets.
Participate in forecasting, quantification and procurement planning of health commodities
• Ensure optimized GhiLMIS use at the RMS and onboarded SDPs in the region.
• Provide immediate support to users to ensure a consistent response to resolution of immediate needs, incidents and technical issues, service requests, status reporting and notification of changes related to GhiLMIS.
• Work with RMS manager to plan and execute cycle count for all commodities based on established regional schedule
• Work closely with the RMS Manager and program coordinators at the regional level to generate orders for program commodities from the central level.
• Conduct supportive Supervision to provide end-users with on-the-job training to ensure system usability as well as provide functional support to addressing functional and viability issues
• Ensure needed reports including inventory and stock status reports are generated from the system to support management decision
• Provide analytics for regional technical working group meetings using GhiLMIS analytic tools.
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Supply chain or business-related discipline
• A master’s Degree in a relevant or related field is an added advantage
• Understands Ghana’s Public Health Value Chain
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience in supply chain management including experience with, order management, inventory management, warehousing/storage, and product distribution
• Excellent data analysis, reporting and presentation skills.
• Excellent communications skills with ability to lead meetings
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary
• Must be able to learn and support new and fast changing technologies
• Ability to work under pressure
• Must have a good command of the English language
Level of Effort and Location
The Upper East Regional Logistics officer position is a long-term position and will be based in Bolgatanga with intermittent travels throughout the country.
The Bono/Bono East/Ahafo Regional Logistics Officer position is a long-term position and will be based in Sunyani with intermittent travels throughout the country.
Location: Bolgatang & Sunyani
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 15 October, 2021