Regional Logistics Officer at Chemonics International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and monitor the implementation of last mile distribution (LMD) in the region and provide technical assistance for the implementation of a standardized framework including the tasks associated with determining commodity volume as part of implementing LMD initiative.
• Provide supply chain management technical assistance to the RHA and RMS to support lower-level health systems strengthening initiatives through regular targeted supportive supervision to districts and service delivery points.
• Support the RMSs and health facilities to prepare and submit accurate and timely inventory and stock status reports including key recommendations to Programs (NACP, NMCP, FHD, TB) and identified regional and central level stakeholders. Similarly, follow up with the Programs and central level authorities to provide feedback on submitted reports to the RMSs and appropriate health facilities.
• Support the implementation of the Ghana Integrated Logistics Management Information System (GhiLMIS) through the following activities:
• Support and ensure the collection, validation, and consolidation of data from Health Facilities for On-Boarding
• Work with RMS manager and regional GhiLMS team to ensure optimum use of GhiLMIS at the RMS and service delivery points (SDP) onboarded on the system.
• Work closely with the RMS Manager and program coordinators at the regional level to generate orders for program commodities from the central level.
• Ensure needed reports are generated from the system to support management decision making
• Conduct supportive Supervision to provide end-users with on-the-job training to ensure system usability as well as provide support to address key concerns that users may have.
• Provide support to the GhiLMIS help desk to triage, troubleshoot and resolve elementary problems.
• Support and ensure a functioning regional level supply chain coordinating committee and facilitate regular meetings of the committee
• Participate in forecasting, quantification and procurement planning of health commodities
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Supply chain or business-related discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in supply chain management including experience with, order management, inventory management, warehousing/storage and product distribution.
• Data analysis, reporting and presentation skills.
• Good understanding of Ghana’s Public Health Value Chain.
• Excellent communications skills with ability to lead meetings.
• Resourcefulness and a desire to help others.
• Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
• Must be able to learn and support new and fast changing technologies.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must have a good command of the English language
Location: Accra & Upper West Region
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2023