Regional Category/Purchasing Supervisor at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To develop, implement, and continuously improve and execute Newmont Ghana’s purchasing strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire Supply Chain and specifically for material-oriented categories and contracts.
- To communicate the purchasing vision and build strong working relationships with internal client executives.
- To enhance Newmont’s overall purchasing capability through continuous improvement and development of the organization.
- To lead the team in identifying and capturing new enterprise spend areas to add value and drive cost savings.
- Collaborate with Technical services to drive integrated value delivery and total cost of ownership model for the business e.g., Full potential. The role oversees all material procurement for all the regional mines and exploration projects.
- Act as key advisor to the departments regarding the procurement of goods, equipment and materials for the support of the African region’s operations.
- Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion and responsibility at all times.
In This Role You Will
Customer, Site and Business Planning Support
- Interact and engage with customers on site.
- Drive total cost of ownership model by ensuring active engagement and input from key end-users.
- Key contact for quarterly annual business planning key commodities forecast.
Goods and Services Procurement
- Provide contract and commercial support at site and regional level.
- Enhance Newmont’s overall purchasing capability through continuous improvement and development of the organization
- Ensure strategic procurement of material such as heavy mining equipment, processing plant equipment, mobile equipment, fuel, cyanide, grinding media etc.
- Develop and manage the execution of the annual Goods procurement portfolio.
- Facilitate the development of supplier management plans to ensure continuous value delivery.
- Led critical tenders as per the procurement stage process.
- Support regional and global projects for completion of all first fill procurement activities in line with business readiness.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve and execute Newmont’s purchasing strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire Supply Chain and specifically for material-oriented categories and contracts.
- Communicate purchasing vision and builds strong working relationships with internal client executives.
- Lead the team in identifying and capturing new enterprise spend areas to add value and drive cost savings.
- Delivery capability development for team on general supply chain skills and procurement specific processes e.g. Lifecycle procurement and contract management and supplier risk management.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Construction Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of System Implementation methodology.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Supply Chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of Peer-to-Peer (P2P) transactional processes.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP/EAP) System knowledge.
- Knowledge of local customs and regulations.
- Mining business acumen.
- Life cycle procurement and contract management practitioner.
- Supplier risk management process practitioner
- A Minimum of 7 – 10 years’ of directly related procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Mining experience preferred.
- A minimum 5 – 7 years of management experience in leading teams and having direct reports.
- Sound computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Modelling (Should Cost, Scenario, Market International).
- Advance administrative skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assessment and auditing skills.
- Business analysis, continuity, and business development skills.
- Business modelling and proposals.
- Change and conflict management.
- Coaching, leadership, motivation and mentoring skills.
- Commercial category strategy.
- Commercial demand forecast.
- Contract drafting, growing and contract management.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Facilitation, consultation and networking skills.
- Financial management.
- Interviewing and presentation skills.
- Liaison and negotiation skills.
- Performance and portfolio management.
- Project and program management.
- Research and reporting.
- Risk and quality management.
- Supply chain management.
- Supplier relationship skills.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
- Position is located at the Akyem mine.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th November, 2022