Regional Automation & Digital Support Engineer at Epiroc
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Epiroc
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tarkwa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
While being part of the team that is creating a legacy in West Africa mining industry, the purpose of this role is to support new automation projects and other digital product implementations and assisting our service organization in troubleshooting on existing installations.
Main Responsibilities And Functions
- Engineering and project support for field installations.
- Planning and implementation of automation and digitalization projects.
- On-site technical troubleshooting of installed systems.
- Regular remote monitoring of system health and performance of all installations.
- Support customer maintenance personnel to create tickets when requesting support.
- Fault analysis (and subsequent prioritization) and data compilation, for escalation to global support team.
- Facilitate the on-site implementation of software fixes; upgrades and/or system setup.
- Work alongside the customer’s technical teams to assist them in extracting the maximum value from our products i.e. facilitate change management and acceptance of technology at an operational level.
- Engage with customers through continuous consultations (planned and unplanned), to inform them of additional functionalities within the product portfolio.
- Collaborate and communicate with all other internal relationship management groups to improve the customer experience.
- Document customer feedback (for sharing with R&D team) specifically with regards to systems functionality, operation and maintenance.
- Aim to identify known/unknown unresolved product defects and engage global support teams with speed and precision.
- Identify and share opportunities for formal training, professional services consultations and product upsells.
- Set and manage expectations with customers, including regular and timely communications.
- Developing education material as well as giving training on-site.
- Participate in after-hours coverage for customer escalations on a scheduled basis.
Education And Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science.
- Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience of electronics / software design.
- Linux Terminal, knowledge is mandatory.
- Experience with communication systems.
- Experience with complex industrial equipment.
- Experience with supporting customer in complex SW related problems.
- Experience with Mining or Tunneling environment is valued, but not must – will be provided.
- Knowledge of automotive electrical systems.
- Good understanding of radio/network systems.
- Good communication skills internally and externally and willing to develop strong relations with different stakeholders.
- Strong Customer Care focus with strong desire to deliver best practice solutions for our customers together with them.
- A highly motivated, enthusiastic and results driven individual.
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th April, 2023