Quality Analyst (Microbiologist) at Upfield
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Upfield
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Tema
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
To support the Quality function to deliver consistent product quality by providing laboratory analytical services to ensure Upfield specifications for all material types used in production and finished products are strictly adhered to.
- Testing and measurement
- Supports site program for quality assurance of raw materials and packaging components, work-in-process and finished goods and documents results / information as required in designated system such as SAP and sharepoint
- Utilizes advanced technical knowledge (e.g. chemistry, microbiology, sensory, statistics, mathematics, etc.) to support site quality testing program and sensory panels for raw materials and packaging components, work-in-process and finished goods aligned with Upfield requirements and specifications
- Applies correct methods and equipment and implements proper calibration and control of testing to verify and reproduce results against specifications.
- Takes action based upon specification limits to hold or release in-bound materials, work-in-process and finished product and communicates effectively (unless local regulations dictate the Q Officer or Manager to make the final decision).
- Sets all good laboratory practices, good laboratory housekeeping and waste disposal, Upfield requirements and testing methods, and applicable government / authority regulations, such as conducting ring tests and proper maintenance and condition of all Quality assets (e.g. product and material retains, incubator, etc.)
- Ensures all laboratory ware, chemicals and reagents are of the appropriate standard and within shelf-life.
- Ensures all laboratory equipment are safe to operate and safe work practices are followed.
- Executes procedures and documents results of independent checks and verifications that are required as part of site-wide program of calibration and maintenance of inspection, measuring and testing equipment to minimize measurement drift and produce repeatable result.s
- Takes action to hold testing until any failed equipment calibration or method capability checks are returned to operational requirements.
- Maintains systems where key quality data and information are recorded and archived.
- Prepare Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports as directed.
- To attend to critical out of spec results and/or emergency assignments as assigned by the Quality Officer.
- To facilitate all taste sessions
- To lead in any plant investigation into Micro issues.
- Works with the Upfield Quality Monitoring Plan to ensure that all analysis (outsourced and in-house) are done accordingly.
- Enters results of raw, pack materials and finished goes are recorded in SAP and compliant batches are released.
- Assures compliance with all GMP, company food safety and quality policies.
- Strictly implements written standard procedures and work instructions in performing analytical tests.
- Ensures all non-conforming materials are properly identified and stored in the designated area.
- Ensures that non-conforming finished products are investigated, and appropriate corrective actions are recommended.
- Raises SNCR for all supplier non-conformances in SAP.
- Conducts internal audits and reports accordingly.
- Writes work instructions and standard operating procedures to aid operations.
- Records analytical results on time in SAP for on time usage decision to be taken.
- Ensures that retention samples are picked for each batch of finished product made.
- Assists with investigations of customer/consumer complaints and product non-conformance issues.
- Continuous Improvement
- Provides method and data analysis support for projects to reduce and/or eliminate quality losses as needed.
- Trends analytical data to help identify supplier improvement opportunities and manufacturing process capability.
- Provides method support for executing innovation trials, early management in site projects.
Skills, Experience And Qualifications
- At least HND Laboratory Tech qualification in microbiology or other related discipline
- 1+ year in a similar role
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate laboratory instruments and perform basic instrument maintenance and calibration.
- Attention to detail
- Good team player and proven ability to work well independently
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated onboarding program, and all support needed in the initial period
- Multicultural, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment full of development opportunities
- Great working atmosphere in a team of ‘best in business’ professionals.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th Oct. 2021