Purchasing Coordinator at Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa , a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
The incumbent in this position is responsible to procure quality food, beverages, materials, equipment, supplies and services for the hotel while minimizing cost. All work is carried-out in line with the hotel’s policies & procedures.
- To initiate purchase requisitions as required and ensure the lowest cost consistent foods, beverages, materials, services, equipment, and supplies with required quality standards are procured on a timely basis.
- To identify local vendors and maintain working relationships with them whiles negotiating rates.
- To ensure requisitions are properly approved and maintain follow-up systems on all purchases.
- To verify prices on corporate contract items.
- To follows corporate guidelines on purchasing from corporate suppliers.
- To handle receiving, storage, and distribution of all goods to effectively and efficiently meet hotel and corporate requirements.
- To ensure that purchased items adhere to corporate standards and if not to take corrective action as required.
- To ensure that all goods on invoices are counted or weighed.
- To verify information on dates and prices of goods.
- To maintain all necessary control records and reports.
- To take inventories, ensure stock are up to par and to rotate stocks appropriately in order to minimize breakage.
- To process and file executed requisitions properly.
- To maintain the competitive status and profitability of the purchasing operation by monitoring industry trends and recommending appropriate action to be taken.
- To provide assistance in the calculation of cost of food and other goods and services based on purchase price.
- To secure competitive bids as required and requested.
- To bring needs for repair or maintenance to the attention of the Controller.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Equivalent of a College Diploma in any related field such as Administration or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a purchasing position preferably in an international five star hotel.
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the hotel industry suppliers and the local market
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th November, 2022