Public Affairs Officer II at West African Examinations Council (WAEC)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: West African Examinations Council (WAEC)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will be assigned duties in the Public Affairs Department and will be required to perform the following duties among others:
· Writing reports, Press releases and rejoinders of the Council
· Drafting speeches for various functionaries of the Council
· Building relationship with the media
· Keeping abreast of important reports/stories in the media particularly those related to the Council.
· Drafting and placement of advertisements/advertorials in the media
· Organising press briefings, courtesy visits and other events of the Council
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Possess Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations or a related field of Study from a recognised University (at least Second Class Lower Division).
· Possession of higher degree and membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
· Have a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC relevant work experience in the Public Affairs Department of a reputable organisation, or in the editorial Department of a reputable media outfit.
· Applicants who have not majored in Mass Communication (or any of the related field of study), who possess graduate diploma in Mass Communication are also eligible.
APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS MUST:
- be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- be an organiser/planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th June. 2022