Provost, College of Humanities at University of Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The University of Ghana hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Provost, College of Humanities, to take effect from 1st August 2024.
POSITION: Provost, College of Humanities
REPORTING TO: The Vice-Chancellor
OBJECTIVES OF THE COLLEGE:
The College of Humanities shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
• Create synergy for interdisciplinary teaching, learning and research in the Arts,
Social Sciences, Business and Law.
• Provide faculty and students with skills in its various fields to contribute to the development needs of the country.
• Establish and promote international networks of Arts, Social Sciences, Business and Law.
• Enhance the sharing of human, financial and material resources.
The College of Humanities comprises the following academic units:
• School of Arts
• Business School
• School of Languages
• School of Law
• School of Performing Arts
• School of Social Sciences
• Institute of African Studies
• Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research
• Regional Institute for Population Studies
• Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa Legon Centre for International Affairs and Diplomacy
• Centre for Migration Studies
• Centre for Social Policy Studies
• Centre for Ageing Studies
• Centre for Asian Studies
• Centre for European Studies
• Centre for Latin American Studies
• Centre for Urban Management Studies
• Centre for Gender Studies and Advocacy
• Language Centre
• Centre for Disability Studies and Advocacy
The Provost shall be responsible for:
• The management of the College and for driving the growth and development of the College under the direction of the Vice-Chancellor.
• Coordinating the various units of the College
• Raising funds for the College.
• Implementing the policy decisions affecting the College.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The Provost of a College is the academic and administrative head of the College and is required to provide administrative and academic direction and leadership, as determined by the Council and Academic Board of the University.
The Provost must:
• Be a Professor or a person from industry eligible for that position.
• Demonstrate capacity to manage the College and for driving the growth and development of the College under the direction of the Vice-Chancellor.
• Provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to coordinate the various units of the College.
• Demonstrate capacity to attract funds for the College.
• Be able to implement the policy decisions affecting the College.
• Be able to serve at least one term in office.
• The person appointed Provost, College of Humanities shall hold office for a period of three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through
[email protected] (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd/.
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision.
• The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan.
• Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the university website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Closing Date: 17 November, 2023