Protocol/RSO Assistant at U. S. Embassy
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: U. S. Embassy
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The U.S. Embassy is seeking eligible applicants for the position of Protocol/RSO Assistant. The work schedule for this position is full time 40 hours per week.
• Under the Supervision of Chief Of Mission Office Management Specialist (COM OMS), the incumbent serves as primary Contact Management Database (CMD) manager and is responsible for maintaining the Mission’s Contact Management Database and coordinating training programs for Regional Security Officer (RSO) nominated International Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) and Regional Training Center candidates.
• S/he updates Mission diplomatic list and requests updated contacts for host government officials and cabinet members, international organizations and other relevant contacts within Ghana, and provides guidance on issues related to Ghanaian protocol matters and local customary procedures.
• The incumbent is responsible for collecting, sorting and initial vetting of correspondence and for the coordination and delivery of Mission-produced correspondence, gratuities and documentation.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Mandatory: Successful completion of two (2) years of college in Liberal arts; management studies, information studies, communication
studies or certification in full time secretarial or protocol-related training is required.
• EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of experience as administrative assistant, program assistant, or protocol support-oriented
experience is required.
• Substantial knowledge of the government sector or the international community and familiarity with host government official contacts and knowledge of Ghanaian political institutions and structures is required.
• Must have good knowledge of local social and diplomatic customs and practices as well as knowledge in general etiquette and decorum.
Level IV English (spoken and written) and any Ghanaian local language is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Optional:
• Must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, interpersonal and customer services skills.
• Must have strong computer technology skills including MS Office suite and must have the ability to process data using recommended Contacts Management Database.
• The ability to organize and prioritize work and to work quickly with maximum efficiency and minimal supervision is required.
• Must be able to work on a team, pay attention to detail and multi-task. Must be able to type 40 wpm.
• “Language proficiency and skills will may be tested”.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 20 October, 2021