Project Officer at STAR-Ghana Foundation (SGF)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: STAR-Ghana Foundation (SGF)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
STAR-Ghana Foundation (SGF) is a national center for Active Citizenship and Local Philanthropy. Its approach to achieving its mission is to act as Convener, Catalyst and Coordinator of civil society actions towards systemic and transformational change in Ghana and to harness learning for continuous improvement and innovation. Our vision is to see a well-informed and active Ghanaian citizenry able to contribute to transformational change that advances democracy, accountability and social inclusion.
There are growing fears of insecurity, arising from a mix of internal factors and external threats of spillover and infiltration of violent extremism. Particularly for Northern Ghana, which shares very porous borders with neighbouring countries currently battling violent extremism and its impacts, the vulnerabilities to radicalization and violent extremism are higher. These vulnerabilities are worsened by a combination of internal factors such as high poverty and unemployment rates, existing local conflicts, and the influx of refugees from neighbouring countries such as Burkina Faso to some border communities in Northern Ghana to seek refuge and escape from attacks in their places of origin. As a result, the resilience of these border communities in Northern Ghana is threatened, making vulnerable populations in these communities more susceptible to radicalization and violent extremism.
One of the projects STAR-Ghana Foundation is implementing under the Peace and Security programme area is the Building Resilience Against Violent Extremism (BRAVE) in Vulnerable Communitiesproject. The project aims to contribute to strengthening the resilience and capacities of vulnerable communities and populations to prevent and counter violent extremism and terrorism in selected communities and districts in the Upper-East and Upper-West regions. The Project Officer and Project Finance Officer roles will support the implementation of the BRAVE project which will be implemented over a one-year duration from December 2023 to November 2024 with the possibility of an extension.
Job Descriptions and Roles Profile
Job Title 1: Project Officer
Base: This role is based in SGF’s Office in Tamale, Northern Ghana
Purpose of the Project Officer’s Role
• The Project Officer will work closely with the Projects Manager to support STAR-Ghana Foundation’s management team and partners in the implementation,monitoring and reporting of the Building Resilience Against Violent Extremism (BRAVE) in Vulnerable Communities project.
• The role provides supporting ensuring a smooth implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project according to plan.
• The project officer will provide support for the day-to-day implementation of project activities within plan and budget and for the achievement of project objectives.
Duties of the Project Officer
• Oversee the day-to-day implementation of project activities in compliance with donor requirements and SGF’s quality standards and policies.
• Support the project manager and the Foundation’s management team in the planning, development and execution of all project deliverables.
• Be responsible for preparing activity reports, activity budgets, meeting minutes, and preparing monthly project implementation progress reports.
• Organize and facilitate community level field activities as required by the project.
• Support monitoring of project activities, project expenditure and coordinate work of consultants and service providers and provide relevant feedback to management.
• Coordinate administrative, logistics and operational requirements for all project activities and tasks.
• Maintain crucial project documents which track project progress including filing of all project activity reports in an appropriate database.
• Ensure short-term contracts are managed in accordance with their terms of reference and relevant policies.
• Keep and maintain good relationships with partners and stakeholders relevant to the project.
• Play any other roles assigned by the Executive and Management of SGF as may be necessary for the effective implementation of the project.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Graduate degree (or equivalent) in developments studies, economics, politics or in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• Familiarity with project cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
• Significant experience in international development, including an understanding of issues of violent extremism and terrorism and the security-development nexus especially as it pertains to northern Ghana.
• Experiencing leading/working on livelihoods enhancement and poverty alleviation interventions
• Experience working with women, youth, refugees and other marginalized groups will be an advantage.
• Understanding of, and commitment to GESI and do-no-harm principles.
• Experience in vocational training and informal savings and loans schemes will be an advantage.
• Experience in developing and facilitating training is desirable.
• An understanding of the peace, security and development context of northern Ghana
• Skilled and experienced report writer.
• Master degree in a relevant field
• At least 3 years of field experience in international/community development
• IT competency required
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their CV’s and Cover letters to: [email protected]
Please write the position you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Closing Date: 08 December, 2023