Project Officer/Senior Project Officer at The International Foundation for Electoral Systems
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: The International Foundation for Electoral Systems
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
About International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES): IFES advances democracy for a better future. We collaborate with civil society, public institutions, and the private sector to build resilient democracies that deliver for all. Our technical assistance and applied research develop trusted electoral bodies capable of conducting credible elections; effective and accountable governing institutions; civic and political processes in which all people can safely and equally participate; and innovative ways in which technology and data can positively serve elections and democracy. Since 1987, IFES has worked in more than 145 countries, from developing to mature democracies. In accordance with IFES’ approach: A society is able to reach its full potential in a world in which people of all genders are fully engaged as equal partners in their families, workplaces, and communities. Based on international human rights standards and best practices, IFES promotes political participation, justice, and equal rights around the world. IFES reflects these values in its programming and workplace culture.
The greatest assets of IFES are our team members. IFES offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Every member of the IFES team is responsible for carrying out the mission of IFES and integrating IFES values into their work every day: Commitment to Excellence, Effective Communication, High-Quality Decision-Making, Accountability, Teamwork, and Collaboration.
IFES is seeking a local national Project Officer/Senior Project Officer (PO/SPO) to support IFES Ghana programming. Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Elections Specialist, the PO/SPO will provide technical and operational support to the IFES Ghana office. They will be responsible for the development and timely execution of high-quality activities and deliverables.
This position is open to Ghanaian nationals only.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Remain informed and updated on all political and election related developments.
- Provide general programmatic and logistical support, as well as report writing, under the direction of the Senior Elections Specialist
- Support implementation of activities as directed by the Senior Elections Specialist, based on approved workplan(s), budgeting and other relevant framework.
- Liaise with international and national electoral stakeholders, maintain and nourish key relationships.
- Coordinate with IFES’ CEPPS partners and other USAID implementing partners and participate in roundtables or other events per Senior Elections Specialist’s guidance.
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including quarterly performance reports, policy briefs, and technical documents as needed.
- Lead monitoring & evaluation data collection in field office in coordination with IFES HQ team and update data in IFES platforms.
- Organize IFES programs and activities such as events, workshops, and trainings by undertaking activity planning and facilitation, presenting sessions, arranging for accommodation and venues in conjunction with the Finance and Administration Officer, and general activity organization and administration.
- Support drafting of requests for proposals, scopes of work necessary for programmatic activities; participate in evaluations for purposes of selecting vendors and/or sub awardees, as applicable.
- Monitor Sub-awardees’ progress and deliverables, including collecting documentation of deliverables and holding check-in meetings to discuss progress, issues, or concerns.
- Collect, organize, and ensure accuracy of project documents (activity reports, project deliverables, event attendee lists, success stories, donor communications, etc.) in IFES SharePoint system.
- Identify any potential issue or risk that could affect the progression of the project or operations within IFES Ghana, communicate these items with the Senior Elections Specialist, and work to identify potential solutions.
- Closely monitor the project schedule, including monitoring deadlines for each project task and deliverable, and raise potential delays with the Senior Elections Specialist.
- Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met.
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in political science, International Development, Public Administration, or similar qualification required; master’s degree preferred.
Experience & Skills
- Level 7 (PO) 4+ years of experience & Level 8 (SPO) 6+ years of experience in project management or development.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects and/or with international NGOs on implementation of development programs.
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in democracy and elections.
- Sound experience in program and activity management including organizing events, workshops, trainings, and activity facilitation, development and presentation of training sessions.
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills.
- Familiarity with M&E practices.
- Experience monitoring local Sub-awardees’ progress and deliverables preferred.
- Training/facilitation skills are an advantage.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
Skills And Specifications
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Team player eager to take on a variety of responsibilities.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity.
- Passion for the IFES mission.
Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in at least one other language in use within assigned project location is an advantage.
TRAVEL: Travel within Ghana on an as-needed basis to support project implementation.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th September, 2023