Project Manager at World Vision International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Improved Feeding Practices for the first 1,000 Days project is being implemented by World Vision Ghana (WVG) with funding from the Japan Social Development Fund/World Bank. The project is focused on reducing nutritional deficiencies in pregnant and lactating mothers and children under the age of 2 among the rural poor in Ghana. The project uses an innovative market-oriented approach that integrates the deployment of nutrient supplements, intake of micronutrients and amino acids/protein and nutrition-sensitive agricultural approaches to address nutrient deficiencies among selected rural poor populations. The project aims to increase the food availability, access, and consumption of diverse and nutritious food for individuals within the target group.
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Ghana is seeking a Project Manager to be based in Kintampo South, one of the operational areas to provide strategic direction and technical leadership. The Project Manager will be responsible and accountable for the project’s management, coordination quality programming, financial management, donor policy compliance, stakeholder and partner relations, and donor deliverables. The role provides leadership and line management to three Project Coordinators, DM&E Officer and other staff. The Manager will work closely with the Technical Program Managers- Health, Nutrition, HIV; Food Security & Resilience in realizing project goals.
- Provide leadership in developing project plans, budgets, procurement plans and ensure project activities are implemented on time, within the project budget and time frame
- Ensure implementation of the project in compliance with the grant agreement
- Lead annual planning to ensure that plans are made to achieve project targets set out in the project design.
Leadership and People Management
- Supervise and support all direct reports, ensuring high-quality work outputs
- Facilitate a working environment of mutual trust, respect, and care among all staff. Encourage effective teamwork, with staff members supporting each other.
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of financial reports and disbursement requests.
- Ensure that project finances and assets are managed in line with WV donor requirements.
- Monitor budget and expenditure and take necessary action
Networking, collaboration, and communication
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Represent WV Ghana at relevant meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Foster good relationships with communities and local authorities, ensuring that feedback is addressed on time.
- Promote the goals of the project through effective communication with government, local authorities, the media, communities and other stakeholders.
- Oversee projects communication strategies, including compliance with donors branding, marketing requirements as well as marketing and communication procedures
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Prepare reports as per the grant agreement.
- Submit timely, accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements.
- Monitor budget and expenditure and take necessary action of any variance identified.
- Ensure success stories and project impacts are appropriately documented.
Monitoring & Project Documentation
- Coordinate with the operations department and other support units to ensure implementation is in accordance with technical and budgetary expectations.
- Coordinate all evaluation activities such as baseline, midterm, and end line
- Ensure that project activities are carried out in a timely manner per the approved work plan and milestones are reached as agreed.
- Ensure each staff has a clear weekly work plan and that necessary resources are available for them to implement their responsibilities.
- Conduct monitoring visits to project activities to assess progress against targets and to provide coaching and direction to activities in areas where improvements are needed.
- Ensure the documentation of lessons learned and best practices are shared through internal and external knowledge sharing forums.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum Qualification required: BSc Nutrition/Food, Public Health, Agriculture or related fields. A Master’s degree in relevant fields will be an added advantage
- Experience: At least 5 to 7 years experience in implementing integrated Nutrition & Health and food security projects in developing countries
- Strong understanding of food-based approaches, especially nutrition-sensitive agricultural approaches and pathways
- Strong project management skills and experience in managing large scale internationally funded grant projects
- Strong M&E background
- Prior experience in social enterprise /microenterprise/ micro franchising will be an added advantage
- Prior Knowledge of JSDF/World Bank regulations and processes (operations, procurement, finance, environmental safeguard policies, etc.) will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), able to make convincing presentations
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th Oct. 2021