Project Engineer at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- Are you able to provide project engineering and project management services in support of capital development projects; including performing the necessary planning, engineering, construction, contractor management; safety management, quality assurance and commissioning required to deliver capital projects from their scoping stage through their execution, start up and turnover stages?
In This Role You Will
- Plan, conduct and lead studies including risk management; value improving practices; alternatives evaluation; design; engineering; procurement; and cost/scheduling. Responsible for the leadership of consultants and business teams to complete work within time and cost parameters and fit for purpose. Leads peer review teams, develops peer review summary reports and presents peer review results to Newmont Management.
- Develop and maintain Project Engineering/Project Management agreed standardization, guidance, and procedures including stage gate processes.
- Define and maintain project engineering/project management best practices.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in at least one major area relevant to Newmont’s core business and provides global engineering, project management and SME services in support of capital development projects across all stages, as well as operations and closure support.
Project Engineering and Project Management Services
- Coordinate, plan and schedule project activities from the scoping stage through the execution stage following the Newmont Capital Effectiveness Stage Gate process.
- Develop project design criteria and develop scopes of work for projects and activities.
- Develop schedules & budgets and monitor project progress against baselines.
- Develop project execution plans.
- Develop cost estimates and perform economic evaluations to support project business cases including preparation of Authorization for Expenditures (AFEs).
- Provide field engineering and construction management support.
- Develop proposal documentation for engineering and construction bidding purposes.
- Manage the activities of engineering and construction contractors/consultants.
- Work closely with the Mine Engineering group to develop plans required for tails dam expansions and other civil projects requiring coordination with mine operations.
- Support projects in all stages of execution.
- Support the ongoing development of project deliverables and improvement of the stage gate process.
- Support value improving practices and risk and process hazard reviews on projects.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an applicable Engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years’ project engineering and construction management experience including experience with Greenfield and projects, or an equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in project delivery, execution and management in the mining industry.
- Experience in mining and process plant operations practices and standards, environmental, community relations is preferred.
Skills And Abilities
- The incumbent will possess the personal qualities of professional leadership, superior intellectual capacity, sound judgement, strong interpersonal skills and business savvy.
- Ability to think strategically; comfortable moving between strategic and tactical is a requirement of the role.
- Ability to influence and drive change.
- Ability to consult, listen, and provide superior customer service to be an effective service provider.
- Detail focused.
- Goal and quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2023