Project Controls Analyst III at Newmont Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
About This Role
- To provide project controls services (cost estimating, scheduling, cost and change management, and reporting) and interface with supply Chain, accounting and finance in support of sustaining capital projects. Individual project size ranges from internal studies to major design and construction, around $30M total cost.
- The role will maintain and update Ahafo South sustaining capital project risk registers and also contribute to successful project execution by effective reporting and cost control.
In This Role You Will
Project Control Planning
- Support project management through development of cost and schedule baselines, status updates, progress and performance evaluation, variation analysis and change management, forecast to complete, and project reports.
- Requires coordination and integration of information provided by multiple stakeholders –suppliers, contractors, and owner’s functions ie:. into summary reports representing the overall project as defined in the owner’s Authorization for Expenditure (AFE).
- Provide project controls input and coordinate overall development and Quality Control (QC) of documentation to advance projects through Investment System and Stage Gate Process.
- Contribute to scope definition, project execution planning, development of capital cost and schedule and cash flow baselines, evaluation of cost and schedule risk, input to financial models, and preparation of Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) and investment papers.
- Engage assistance of corporate estimating and controls functional support if required on complex or higher risk projects.
- Participate in annual business planning cycle.
- Ensure that project controls systems can generate reports relative to either annual or life-of-project budgets.
- Actively participate in key project planning sessions: opportunity framing, interactive planning, risk analysis, formal forecast updates, and project reviews conducted by corporate and third-party benchmarking consultants.
Project Control Management
- Maintain an accurate forecast of schedule and cost at project completion throughout the project lifecycle and assume an owner’s perspective on project risk.
- Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
- Act as Owner’s primary liaison and primary interface with Project Accounting Manager.
- Manage governance to ensure robust and integrated cost and schedule performance across multiple suppliers.
Project Budget Management
- Champion compliance to corporate project controls standards for maintaining overall project integrated master schedule, cost and commitment reports, trend log and contingency drawdown status.
- Provide controls input and analysis for monthly reports as well as project and contract closeout reports.
- Review prior to award agreements for work to be performed by suppliers, consultants and contractors, to ensure that project controls requirements are clearly stated and are appropriate to level of contract risk.
- During project execution, audit third party reports to ensure adherence to these requirements.
Project Control Reporting
- Prepare and submit project reports, the most significant of which is the monthly dashboard report submitted to the region and corporate managers.
- Maintain risk registers for all active projects and communicate gaps and corrective action identified to the supervisor and implement corrective action as agreed with the supervisor and the contractor.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- BSc in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Project Management or Accounting and project management experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Project Management training
- An understanding of construction technics, methods, productivities, and costs
- A good knowledge to take off and build rates for work packages
- A good knowledge of accounting principles.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the engineering and construction management with at least 3-year experience in project controls including successful completion of a project assignment
- Practical experience with SAP.
- Knowledge of Newmont’s stage gate procedures.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (SAP, Microsoft Word, Outlook and other Windows applications).
- Ability to identify problems and to report by using technical Terminologies.
- Ability to manage the quality of operations, in accordance with the quality standards of the organisation and international best practice.
Skills And Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced level of software applications and tools for scheduling and cost management.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- A flexible attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Detail focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
- The position is located at the Ahafo South mine site.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
The salary range offered for this role is $. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. With the wide availability of vaccines in the United States, if you are offered this position, you will have to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to being hired. This requirement will be subject to an exemption process, as required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th April, 2023