Project Assistant at SNV
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: SNV
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world. SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
The Country Programme currently seeking applicants for a full-time position as Project Assistant.
The Project Assistant is part of the SNV Country Organisation and is appointed to a project in the country.
The Project Assistant will work at a sub-national level, by providing support in the implementation of the project by following guided procedures and processes, according to specific SNV rules and donor compliance. The Project Assistant ensures service needs are reviewed and service delivery is guided. The Project Assistant can assist in the Finance and Administration of a project or also on the technical side of the project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
I. Office Administration
Project Support will include;
- Mainly provide administrative support to the project and the team. Activities include, Data management and filing of Project documents;
- Organise and coordinate main the Sundial Project workshops and training activities.
Service and process delivery support will include;
- Applies and supports established project procedures and main processes to meet service needs.
- Ensures service standards are met in (consistent) delivery.
Secretarial & Administrative:
- Receiving and ensuring final screening of visitors to the office; Answers telephone system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages to the respective staff; Maintaining and building information (e.g. use schedules, staff directories, emergency contacts, etc.) for the purpose of providing reference information.
- Providing day-to-day administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the Nandom Project office; Maintaining and continually updating the team’s filing system of all hard copies of correspondence and documentation dispatched and received, manages the registration and filing of all incoming and outgoing mail and other Secretarial duties such as writing of minutes, editing of letters and reports, and being in charge of the office secretariat.
- Maintaining reception area materials (e.g. job applications, newsletters, event calendars, etc.) for the purpose of providing resource information to visitors.
II. Financial Support will include;
- Handling of petty cash and ensuring it’s smoothly operation within the Nandom office.
- Record invoices in SAP after ensuring all necessary supporting documentations has been provided.
- Liaise with Procurement on the obtaining and supply of small office consumables and where agreed ensuring the timely clearance and appropriately delivery of these supplies;
- Coordinator the procurement of project office partners equipment needs, ensuring proper documentation of the processes leading to the supply and receipt of items.
- Managing the stationery stock and office supplies of the Office and ensuring that proper stock records are maintained;
- Coordinating the usage of the photocopier, and other office equipment.
- Coordinate all necessary arrangements for official visitors and/or missions to the Nandom office by arranging accommodation and providing administrative support for the project team’s workshops and conferences in Nandom.
Job Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
- A minimum in university degree in Administration, or its equivalent;
- A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in Office Management, preferably within the INGO sector;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills, speak politely to all staff and partners;
- Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent IT and typing skills;
- Maintain good appearance and professionalism;
- Has the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands; and prioritise tasks and workload to deliver effectively;
- Good sense of duty and willingness to undertake additional task where need be.
Application and Selection Process
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18 Nov. 2021