Project Accountant at Securities and Exchange Commission
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Securities and Exchange Commission
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana - Securities and Exchange Commission Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Responsible for financial management and procurement activities of the Secretariat and related projects in support of the objectives of the Capital Market Master Plan (CMMP) and requests made by the Steering Committee of the CMMP.
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- In charge of the project’s financial management which comprises: Budgeting, internal control, treasury management- including funds flow and disbursement, accounting and financial reporting.
- Maintain all accounting records and relevant books of account in line with approved accounting standards and in line with the World Bank and or Donor Agencies regulations.
- Prepare and/or update the project financial procedures manual that will ensure compliance with accounting policies and practices.
- Prepare periodic reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) in accordance with acceptable accounting standards and in compliance with applicable development partners (e.g. World Bank, AFDB, etc).
Procurement Support Duties:
- Prepare Procurement work plans in accordance with the World Bank procedures and prepare progress reports for inclusion in the Financial Monitoring Report and Projects Progress report.
- Prepare request for proposals and tender documents, coordinate tender opening and evaluation of tender documents and negotiation processes, contract award and execution.
- Prepare and publish procurement notices such as General Procurement Notice, Invitation To Tender, Request for Expression of Interest, and Contract Award notices in accordance with World Bank Guidelines and specific requirement of the Financing Agreement etc.
Educational Qualification And Experience
- First degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, or related field with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience.
- Relevant second degree with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of mid-level management experience.
- A Professional qualification in Accounting (ICAG, ACCA, CPA, CFA holder or equivalent)
- Relevant capital market experience.
- Strong project financial management skills.
- Excellent technical and conceptual knowledge about financial management and grasp of financial principles and practices.
- Proven track record in building relationships working with the public sector, etc.
- Good understanding of the vision, framework, and deliverables of the CMMP.
- Good knowledge in interpreting financial management reports, analysing variations to plans and determining remedial actions required.
- Good knowledge of public sector accounting procedures and operations.
- Good knowledge of international financial and accounting management practices.
- Ability to manage the expectations of a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong ethical and professional skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th Jan. 2022