Programme Assistant (FAO Representative Network) at FAO
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: FAO
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the Region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the Region.
The post is located in the Regional Office for Africa (RAF) in Accra, Ghana.
The Programme Assistant (FAO Representative Network) is responsible for the coordination of specialized and complex processes and activities in support of the delivery of the division’s work programme, planning and budgeting activities. He/she provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in the division.
The Programme Assistant works under the general supervision of the Programme Officer (FAO Representative Network). The incumbent operates independently; supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs. He/she provides responsible operational/clerical support to FAO Representative Network Management in the day-to-day operations.
The Programme Assistant works closely with a wide range of colleagues in the division and with client departments/offices, ensuring the consistency and quality of programme/project support services provided by the division.
- Monitor both Regular Programme and Projects budgets ensuring that funds are properly allocated and reported upon and take corrective action if required; inform management of any budget issues that may require attention;
- Provide support to budget holders in the preparation of the Periodic Budgetary Reports (PBR), the biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) and related work plans for the division;
- Prepare projects’ budget revisions in consultation with budget holders;
- Respond to a variety of routine queries and provide clarifications on programme and project matters; inform management and team members of processes, procedures and timeframes to secure administrative services needed for programme/project execution; initiate correspondence to verify data, obtain additional information on transactions and budgetary matters;
- Review data quality and maintain office records and reference files on various subjects; compile and synthesize data from various sources to support financial analyses on programme/project activities; generate periodic or ad-hoc management reports;
- Coordinate the full array of administrative and financial actions related to staff management, non-staff support, travel, payments, and procurement;
- Provide procedural guidance to Programme Assistants (G-4 level) and other staff in the work unit;
- Review and make recommendations to improve current programme/projects administration procedures and processes;
- Perform other functions as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth operations and performance of the division’s programme/project activities. He/ she plays a lead role in the provision of programme support services for successful achievement of the organizational unit’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Four years of relevant experience in the provision of programme/projects support services.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Very good knowledge of corporate information systems.
- Very good knowledge of programme and budget processes and procedures.
- Very good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations.
- Very good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of French.
- Finance and Accounting background preferred and knowledge in budget preparation would be an added advantage.
- Experience in UN administrative procedures/guidelines and financial rules and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge of FAO corporate Systems: Country Office Information Network (COIN), Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS), Global Resource Management System (GRMS) would be an asset.
- Highly sensitive about confidential matters; attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to carry out assignments with limited instructions; initiative; organizational sense and ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work under pressure and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Call For Expressions Of Interest – Vacancy Announcement
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th June, 2023