Programme Accountant at SOS Children’s Villages International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES GHANA is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organization that provides a stable family environment for children in need and without parental care or at risk of losing parental care with four villages currently in operation in Tema, Asiakwa, Asokore Mampong & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Programme (FSP). As a social development organization, it has a strong reputation for quality child welfare, youth development, and community empowerment. Since its inception in 1974, SOS Children’s Villages Ghana had worked in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional) including; the European Union, the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), the British High Commission Canadian High Commission, and the French Embassy.
SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is seeking qualified candidates for the position of;
DUTY POST: TAMALE & TEMA
Purpose of role
Provide leadership to the Finance Department in the Programme Location and also to ensure all accounting records in the Programme Location are done with strict adherence.
Required Experience and Qualification
A minimum of 1st Degree in Business Administration (Accounting /Commerce), Level 2 of ICA /ACCA. A postgraduate qualification in Accounting will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience and basic administrative skills preferably within the NGO sector.
Strong leadership and Organisational skills
Ability to coordinate and serve as the link between the National Finance Office and other units in the Programme Location.
Innovative, a team player, flexible, self –driven.
Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint.
Knowledge in D365 Accounting Software
- Prepare Annual Budget for all projects in the location (SOS Family Care (SFC), Primary &Secondary Education (EDU), Early Child Development (ECD), Family Strengthening (FS) and Medical Center MC.
- Prepare Monthly Budget Transfer Request for SFC, ECD, EDU, FS and MC.
- Prepare Bank and Income Registers.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements for Project Accounts.
- Review Financial Records of all Projects under the Programme Location
- Review and ensure all payment vouchers have the necessary supporting documents.
- Ensure salaries, Income Tax (PAYE) and Social Security Contributions and other salary related payments are paid promptly.
- Co-ordinate the movement of fixed assets in the Program Location and ensure assets are Labeled.
- Ensure that all income has been lodged to bank promptly.
- Prepare the following monthly financial reports:
- Narrative Report.
- Expected School Fees payments and analysis.
- Account Verification Checklist.
- Withholding Tax Register.
- Sale of Donations in Kind Register.
- Prepare Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Comparison.
- Train finance staff on internal control and generally accepted accounting principles of SOS Children Villages.
- Review monthly stock taking records.
- Technical Supervision of the Finance Officers and Administrative Assistants in discharging their accounting duties.
- Make entries in D365
- Attend to Internal and External Auditors.
- Perform any other duties.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December, 2022