Program Support Specialist III – Education & Faith at Compassion International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Compassion International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
This career specialist consults on, develops, and implements holistic child development programs and interventions. The specialist generally provides highly competent knowledge in two or more holistic development subspecialties in this field and is helpful in others. At this career level, the incumbent contributes to the local program design, performing independently and participating on a team for major or complex initiatives. Work may have direct impact in more than one field office. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other specialists.
The role of Program Support Specialist – Education and Faith Specialist will provide subject matter expertise in the area of literacy, education and discipleship interventions for children and youth in alignment with the national strategy. She/he will collaborate with other Support Specialists, Program Trainers and the Partnership team to ensure Compassion staff and Frontline Church Partners (FCPs) are collaborating in the design, delivery and monitoring of interventions related to their expertise towards improving quality educational outcome, good morals among participants and youth mobilization and activism.
The Program Support Specialist – Youth Development will be responsible for supporting the implementation and regular review/revision of:
- National Office’s Certified Child and Youth Development Strategy.
- National Office’s Certified literacy interventions.
- Child Development Progress Report (CDPR) Progress Measures for ages 12+.
- Milestone Bibles for ages 12+.
- Relevant Targeted Response interventions.
- Other child and youth-related program content/elements as assigned by the Manager of Program Support.
This role will also understand the educational and discipleship funding needs of children and Youth Development and support in mobilizing resources (both Compassion and non-Compassion) to meet those needs. He/she supports Education, discipleship and youth mobilization and activism related interventions, collaborating with the associated Partnership Facilitator(s), Complimentary Intervention Specialists or other relevant Targeted Response Specialists (e.g., Child protection Specialists) and the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to ensure quality & effectiveness implementation.
In addition, the Program Support Specialist – Education and Faith will network with other like-minded ministries & organizations to identify, evaluate and recommend potential partnerships related to the holistic development of Children and youth. This role will represent Compassion International’s approach to holistic child Development both internally & externally within his/her country and continually be aware of current national statistics and trends related to Children and youth.
The Program Support Specialist – Education and Faith will review & analyze relevant information received from CDPR assessments and provide the necessary support to the frontline church partner.
Based on the current state of children and Youth, (ages 6-12+) determined by the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialists and the GMC Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Team as it relates to the achievement of outcomes, the program support specialist – Education and Faith will recommend any steps needed regarding overall program improvement and/or the support, equipping and training of Frontline Church Partners.
He/she will collaborate with the Partnership Facilitator to set objectives in the Facilitation Work plan so that the frontline church partner can be supported to improve the quality of programming at the center.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Champions and implements overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in individual area(s) of specialization. Collaborates with partnership facilitators, learning staff, communications staff and managers at all levels by providing coaching and knowledge within area of specialty. Provides child development community learning and improvement among staff and other stakeholders. Equips and networks with Christian community leaders to champion transformation in their communities. May also champion and administer special initiatives. Stays current in field of expertise including industry standards, national policies and best practices.
- Regularly assesses changing need for and ability to deliver programming within area of expertise. Consolidates national and local data to identify common gaps and patterns. Develops strategy; maintains and supports the implementation of strategy within area of expertise. Regularly provides advice in support of other strategy development with the country office.
- Provides skilled program design subject matter expertise to other staff. Furthers the ongoing development and implementation of local program design in alignment with the global objectives. Regularly provides expertise to other field office professionals, support staff and FCP staff/volunteers to ensure that Frontline Church Partners are adequately informed and equipped to provide holistic development to caregivers, children and youth.
- May facilitate the development and implementation of resource components for specific ministry strategies and plans in support of Partnership Facilitator efforts. May develop proposals and guides requirement gathering and prioritization process to garner and deploy resources to partners. Consolidates and identifies common patterns and needs from various initiatives and strategies.
- Designs and coordinates implementation of specific holistic child development strategies and interventions. Partners with partnership facilitators to provide capacity-building and child/youth/caregiver engagement activities in area of expertise. Regularly contextualizes portions of curriculum relevant to their expertise or other resources for child and youth development. Works with partnership facilitation by ensuring intervention records, reports, and other documentation are accurate, complete and delivered to appropriate stakeholders.
- Reviews data, analyzes, and develops reports to support management and key stakeholders in improving program initiatives, interventions and child outcomes. Provides consulting to drive learning and innovation at various levels to improve programming for beneficiaries and FCPs.
- May coach and provide expertise to other program support staff in the field office.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- A Bachelor’s degree in child/Youth Development, Education, Social Work or another similar field
- Seven years Experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Working knowledge of Business, Entrepreneurship or enterprise development will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- An understanding of the national education system as it relates to primary & junior secondary options.
- An understanding of the developmental milestones & patterns of children and youth 12+ and associated activities (e.g., Sports Camps, Spiritual Retreats, etc.) which will aid in their overall well-being.
- Should be abreast with current educational policies in literacy and curriculum development.
- An understanding of Youth mobilization and activism
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate discussions across multiple working groups.
- Ability to collaborate well both internally & externally.
- Ability to demonstrate servant leadership & live out Compassion’s Partnership Principles in supporting Frontline Church Partners
- Ability to network with other ministries & organizations.
- Ability to represent Compassion on a professional level.
- Ability to communicate (verbal & written) in a clear and effective manner.
Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel at least 50% of normal schedule
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th December, 2023