Program Specialist at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is an Incorporated Administrative Agency of Japan which implements Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) to developing countries. JICA has been cooperating with Ghana and supporting its programs and projects for the health, education, agriculture, private, infrastructure and governance sectors for more than 60 years.
JICA Ghana Office is now seeking qualified and experienced staff as follows:
• Program Specialist in Private Sector Development and its Related Sectors (e.g. Public–Private Partnership, Trade, Economy, Business Related Law, Investment and loan), One (1) person
• 1 . To formulate projects based on the discussions and negotiations with the government officers, Development partners and related stakeholders.
• 2 . To implement, or assist the implementation of, JICA’s projects with office members, JICA headquarters’ staff, experts and government officials concerned.
• 3 . To assist activities of JICA missions and experts of responsible sector and its related sector through making various arrangements and logistical works such as conducting procurement, creating official document, making internal procedure, and travel arrangement so forth.
• 4 . To maintain frequent communication with office members, Japanese experts, counterparts of Ghanaian government officials and Development partners concerned.
• 5 . To collect, analyze, summarize, evaluate and report the information and policies of responsible sector and its related sectors to office members through attending meetings concerned and making summaries, minutes, reports and so forth.
• 6 . To collect, analyze, summarize and evaluate the information from mass media and distribute these summaries to the designated stakeholders.
• 7 . To grasp, analyze and report the trend of macro economy which can affect Ghana’s fiscal situation and JICA’s activities and projects, by collecting information and making reports.
• 8 . To engage in drafting the private sector part of JICA Country Analysis Paper (JCAP) by making inputs from data and information collected.
• 9 . To carry out and assist the evaluation of JICA’s projects and other activities in accordance with JICA’s procedure by collaborating with office members, government officials and Development partners concerned.
• 10 . To follow up the activities of the ex KCCP participants and suggest the plan for dispatching new candidates considering the synergy with the existing projects.
• 11 . To make and check necessary accounting documents.
• 12 . To promote JICA’s Public Relations efforts and its activities to the Ghanaian public and media.
• 13 . To carry out other necessary work, which is not limited to private sector, directed by Representatives and Project Formulation Advisors.
• A probationary period lasting six months from the day of recruitment
• Renewable one-year contract upon satisfactory performance
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor or higher degree of Commerce, Economics, Sociology related area.
• Adequate and proper business manner, discipline, strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated cultural sensitivity.
• Experience and ability to work in a team with strong interpersonal skills to develop and establish good relationships with colleagues, supervisors and external counterparts
• Excellent PC skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point for producing business/official documents, letters and reports as well as presentation.
• At least 5 (five) years working experience
Desirable Qualifications & Experiences
• Working experience within government organization, Donor Organizations and/or International private companies/organization in above related sectors
• Bachelor or master’s degree abroad in Commerce, Economics, Sociology and/or its related sectors
How To Apply For The Job
Interested eligible candidates are required to submit their Application Form through Microsoft Forms. Only applications with the designated format shall be accepted. For applying, you may be required Microsoft account. Please follow the instruction of Microsoft Forms.
The application will close at 5 PM on 2nd August,2023.
JICA Ghana Office (Mr. Momita / Ms. Aizu)
2nd Floor, the Elizabeth, No. 68A, Senchi Link,
Airport Residential Area, Accra, Ghana
Email: [email protected]?Tel: +233-(0)-30 -2760781/2
Please check the link below and submit Application Form through Microsoft Forms.
Closing Date: 17 August, 2023