Program Officer at International Republican Institute (IRI)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Republican Institute (IRI)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The International Republican Institute (IRI) an international non-governmental organization (NGO) is seeking resumes/CVs for a Program Officer to support and guide program implementation for the International Republican Institute’s programming.
The Program Officer will work to ensure that all program activities are implemented efficiently, timely and in line with the values of the organization. S/he will work as part of the organization’s program team and assist in developing program strategy, drafting program activity proposals and reports, working with the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) officer, and overseeing activity budgets. The Program Officer performs these functions according to direction provided by the Resident Program Director (RPD). This position reports directly to the RPD.
The organization is hiring individuals to work in Accra and may include periodic travel to other regions of Ghana.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and implementation of IRI’s program activities according to grant requirements and project workplans;
- Conceptualize, research, and design new program interventions consistent with IRI program objectives and available budgets;
- Research, write and edit time-sensitive program documents and budgets, funding proposals, and training materials;
- Research and write reports that include but not limited to political updates, activity reports, success stories, and case studies;
- Provide efficient and timely action on administrative and financial matters, written assignments and submission of reports;
- Cultivate relationships and communicate with civil society organizations, relevant government officials, local partners, and members of the diplomatic and donor community on behalf of his/her supervisor, and represent IRI at public functions as requested;
- Work in concert with IRI M&E and program personnel to monitor and evaluate the performance of IRI and partner organizations program activities, identifying successes and failures and recommending program adjustments accordingly;
- Assist with all aspects of team projects and objectives, and lead the development of work products in collaboration with other staff;
- Mobilize program participants, the media and stakeholders for events and program activities;
- Update and maintain program files and program participants’ contacts for monitoring and evaluation and internal reporting;
- Monitor Ghanian political current events and developments to provide political and programmatic analysis and recommendations for the RPD and in reports, approved social media and blogs as needed;
- Ensure efficiency and transparency in the use of program resources;
- Advise the Resident Program Director and senior management team on needs for program implementation strategy in line with evolving context; and
- Travel from time-to-time, independently and/or as part of a team, to various locations throughout Ghana to support IRI’s programmatic objectives;
- Anticipates potential problems and trouble shoots project problems and offers solutions and actively takes part to lead resolution of them with creative and immediate solutions.
- Oversees updates to budget tracker and leads regular team budget analysis discussions.
- Any other duties assigned by the Resident Program Director or his/her immediate supervisor and/or on behalf of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience in international development; experience working with civil society or organizational strengthening and youth inclusion is a bonus;
- Experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience writing reports and project proposals;
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Conversant in matters related to the following:
- Promoting meaningful participation of all citizens in the political systems, including women, youth, and other traditionally marginalized groups.
- Harnessing the comparative advantages of media and technology to promote citizen understanding and engagement;
- Facilitating and assisting in capacity building and goal achievement for local organizations and civic groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of the social, political and economic context of Ghana;
- Fluency in English is required.
Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
2-5 years: •Experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, and monitoring and evaluation; •Experience writing reports and project proposals; •Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities. •Conversant in matters related to the following: •Promoting meaningful participation of all citizens in the political systems, including women, youth, and other traditionally marginalized groups.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th December, 2023