Program Officer (COVID-19 Media Development & Risk Communication) at FHI 360
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Ghana - NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
PROJECT SUMMARY:Accelerating Social and Behavior Change Project (ASBC) seeks to promote measurable and sustainable social and behavior change in 17 priority districts in the areas of malaria, family planning, nutrition, maternal and child health, emerging infectious diseases and COVID in target populations (women of reproductive age, newborns, children <5, adolescents/youth <25 and others). The ASBC project activities are designed to: 1) promote sustainability of a capacitated Ghana Health Service- Health Promotion Division (Result 1); 2) improve health-seeking behavior change and impact at individual and community levels (Result 2); and, 3) promote private enterprise and CSO support for the public health agenda (Result 3).
The Program Officer COVID-19 Media Development and Risk Communication will be a member of the project team and work with regional and local NGO partners, Ghana Health Service, non-governmental organizations, community organizations, USAID, and others to achieve the successful implementation of the project. The Covid-19 Media Development and Risk Communication Officer will work under the oversight of the Covid-19 Media Development and Risk Communication Advisor to provide specialized technical assistance to the Ghana Health Service, local NGO’s, USAID Implementing partners, and partner organizations to design, develop, and implement mass and social media-focused health promotion, behavioral change, advocacy, and vaccine acceptance with respect to Covid-19 and other health issues covered by the ASBC program of work.
- Coordinates and supports the provision technical assistance in the development and implementation of Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) strategies, mass/social media relations campaigns, and private sector engagement efforts to promote positive behavioral change in Covid 19 and a wide variety of health areas (maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH); family planning (FP); nutrition; water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); malaria prevention, control) through conducting formative research, designing appropriate communication strategies, developing mass media (radio, TV, print, electronic and social media) materials, distribution and evaluation.
- Facilitate community dialogs, and coordinate with community health workers to integrate COVID-19 vaccine promotion into household-level activities. Illustrative activities to include health behavior change messaging into school and faith-based activities and routine provider counseling, small mid media or community radio activities, and/or SMS.
- Facilitates and supports, in close collaboration with the Ghana Health Service, the deployment of risk communication strategies and approaches for Covid-19 vaccination update and other public health threats.
- Supports the design and development of qualitative and formative research including the establishment of performance indicators and measures to monitor and record outcome and impact data.
- Draft and edit reports, press releases, communication products (flyers, posters, leaflets, booklets, health worker job aids, social media posts, newsletters etc.) and other documents as required. Must show demonstrated ability to convert technically complex concepts into plain language.
- Assists in negotiating broadcast airtime and buying and placing communications on these platforms and, working with monitoring and evaluation project staff, will monitor for reach, recall rate and other relevant impact parameters.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 contractual agreements.
- Supports detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and delivers quarterly reports and all other reporting requirements.
- Oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.
- Liaises and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities and builds capacity of local organizations and others through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, training courses and other capacity strengthening activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a university degree in communication, social science, behavioral change communication, strategic communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in implementing and managing social and behavior change, community level engagement public relations, mass media and/or health advocacy projects or campaigns in Ghana. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience in planning and implementing strategic media and risk communication campaigns for Covid-19 or other infectious diseases.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art Social and Behavior Change, risk communication, and related models and strategies and their practical application. Technical knowledge of Covid-19 and more of the health topic areas (MNCH, FP, malaria, WASH, nutrition,) is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and use of multi-media approaches to change behavior and risk communication strategies.
- Ability to synthesize and translate technically complex information into plain language communication products. Work in low-literacy settings a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with communities, community structures and systems with the ability to communicate, build rapport and motivate behavior change
- Field experience in developing and implementing social and behavior change communication, advocacy and public relations projects and programs in Ghana at the regional, district and sub district level that have demonstrated impact
- Demonstrated ability in working with public relations, marketing, social media and mass media outlets (broadcast TV and radio stations/networks, tik toc, facebook etc. )
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective communication and public relations/advocacy campaigns
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming and management skills. Experience managing donors and donor funding preferred.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member and motivate and supervise teams.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and one or more additional local languages a plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with partners, donors and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th December, 2022