Program Coordinator at Pagus Africa
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Pagus Africa
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ho
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
About Center for Achievement and the Country Director
Center for Achievement is an education focused NGO based in Ho, Ghana that strives to create young socially responsible citizens and leaders within the community. Through our programs, we seek to improve and create more opportunities for young people in the Volta region whilst assisting in community development projects. Our job is to empower youth so they are equipped to intelligently face life’s challenges, have good values, and do what they can to help others.
CFA community programs and projects are opportunities for our Path to Success students and student-interns to gain hands-on workplace experience and satisfaction from helping others.
As Program Coordinator you will work directly with the Country Director to ensure smooth delivery and optimal impact for all CFA programs.
Programs are designed for the development of our Path to Success students, who in turn, work on programs to develop the community. You will be a primary liaison for CFA and Path students working in local communities and representing the organization. You will form strong relationships with CFA stakeholders and beneficiaries and carry out effective, programs for a positive impact in all we do.
Community Development Projects and Programs:
Development and Implementation:
• Supports to develop tools, manuals and training resources needed for project implementation.
• Leads in community sensitization meetings and facilitate the identification, mobilization, and participation of groups.
• Provides technical and facilitation support to implement project activities, ensuring active participation of community and district stakeholders to achieve expected outputs.
• Supports to conduct periodic reviews, reflections, and planning meetings with communities, implementing partners, and other stakeholders to inform project strategies
• Works closely with local youth in CFA communities to empower their voice to be agents of change for their communities.
• Develops relationships with community, governmental, and other nonprofit organizations to raise funds, awareness, and build resources
• Develops a successful, communicative relationship between CFA and its communities that can be streamlined into programs
• Identifies and supports children at risk children and helps create a safe space for their development.
• Works with key stakeholders in child protection to build capacity and develops programs for child welfare and development
• Cultivates a non-judgmental, open environment for youth to express their views, learn skills, and explore new ideas.
• Contributes to the development of the Path to Success program with Country Director to build on leadership, personal, and professional skills.
• Counsels and mentors all PATH students with a holistic eye for their development.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Identifies goals, benchmarks, and data to be collected, monitored and evaluated specific to projects and PATH students
• Ensures data is collected and reported on timely basis
• Ensures programs are kept on budget
• Submits reports and analyses of programmatic activities
• Ensures weekly, monthly, and termly meetings to monitor programs
• Develops concept notes base on social challenges identified in course of work.
• Researches grant proposals and develops funding opportunities
• Supports media team to promote Pagus Africa/CFA so people in other countries see the impact of our work and want to help support us. This may be done in writing, video, and through demonstrating CFA program impacts.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Ewe speaker
• Minimum 4 years NGO/social work/community work experience
• Educated to degree level in social sciences, development studies or any related field
• Experience in Project management, report writing
• Proficiency in email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and file management. Exerience using Office 360 and Sharepoint are a plus.
• Works collaboratively and enjoys working as part of a team
• A passion, motivation and keen interest for the development of young people and communities
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
• Experience working with young people
• Sensitivity to gender issues and mental health issues
• Educated to Masters level in Project Management, Social sciences, development studies or any related field or Degree in any of the above with 3 year practical experience
• Experience working in an intercultural environment
Engagement type: One-year contract with possible renewal base on performance
Location: Ho, Volta Region
Method of ApplicationTo apply submit your Motivation letter and resume to:
[email protected] before 10 April 2023. Applications will be sorted and attended to on a rolling base.
Closing Date: 10 April, 2023