Program Associate at The Luminos Fund
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: The Luminos Fund
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Luminos Fund, an international nonprofit bringing education opportunities to the world’s most vulnerable children, is looking for a Program Associate in Ghana to contribute to its rapid growth and expansion. The Program Associate will play a key role in program planning and execution, training our teachers and implementing partners, and monitoring Luminos classrooms. Luminos seeks someone who is self-motivated, collaborative, and passionate about driving transformative results for children. The ideal candidate should have a teaching background and experience working on education programs in Ghana.
This full-time position will be based in the Ashanti Region, with travel to Accra. The Program Associate will report to the Country Manager.
ABOUT THE LUMINOS FUND
The Luminos Fund (www.luminosfund.org) provides transformative education programs to thousands of out-of-school children, helping them to catch up to grade level, reintegrate into government schools, and prepare for lifelong learning. Working in partnership with community-based organizations, Luminos is scaling up its accelerated learning program to ensure all children have equal access to joyful, foundational learning, especially those shut out of education by crisis, poverty, or discrimination. To date, Luminos has helped over 218,000 secure a second chance to learn. A registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, Luminos is working in Ethiopia, Ghana, Lebanon, Liberia, and The Gambia.
Luminos is supported by a range of funding partners, including Cartier Philanthropy, Dubai Cares, Legatum, and UBS Optimus Foundation. Luminos has been recognized for its achievements globally, receiving the 2022 Klaus J. Jacobs Best Practice Prize, the Library of Congress International Literacy Award, the Lipman Family Prize, the WISE Award, and the HundrED Global Innovation Award for the last six years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Planning, Implementation, and Management
- Support the planning and delivery of the Luminos program in Ghana, including regular contact with partner field teams, teacher recruitment and training, community selection and engagement, program monitoring, logistics and coordination, and data collection.
- Organize and deliver training for teachers and implementing partners on key aspects of the Luminos program and method.
- Support the management of Luminos classrooms, providing regular coaching support to teachers, tracking learning progress and needs, and addressing challenges as they arise.
- Administer regular student assessments and collect data on attendance, learning, and classroom dynamics to support program monitoring and decision-making.
- Prepare field reports as required and review quarterly reports submitted by implementing partners, responding to the needs of the team and the program.
- Provide ongoing capacity-building support to Luminos partner field teams on program delivery, impact, reporting, and compliance.
- Represent Luminos at local and regional levels, as required.
- Engage and build relationships with communities and local government bodies to ensure the successful implementation of the program.
- Support the collection of compelling student and classroom stories to communicate Luminos’ work in Ghana to a variety of audiences.
- Oversee all logistics for classroom visits by donors, government officials, and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience working as a teacher.
- Experience in delivering and supporting teacher training and continuous professional development of teachers.
- Strong track record of program management with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in building and managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to speak and write Asante Twi and English fluently.
- Academic qualifications in Education, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- Experience in a start-up environment and/or building something from the ground up.
- Possession of a motorbike license.
- Belief and demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and values of Luminos.
- Impeccable integrity, professionalism, and solutions-oriented, can-do attitude.
- Affinity for data.
- Ability to wear multiple hats.
- Natural curiosity and hunger for continuous learning and improvement.
- Belief that success lies in the details.
- Innate sense of responsibility for the delivery of quality work, even in challenging circumstances.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently.
- Experience working with diverse constituents, teams, and colleagues.
- Readiness to problem solve creatively on a myriad of fronts and go above and beyond to deliver success.
The Luminos Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April, 2023