Production Supervisor at AGROPAL West Africa Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AGROPAL West Africa Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
As a growing organization, AGROPAL is seeking talents to complement its existing team with its mission of empowering every actor in the agricultural value chain. Therefore, AGROPAL is seeking to hire a Production Supervisor to work within its Production Department.
Applicants must note that the opportunity requires flexibility based on the factory production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
The hired candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure compliance with the quality policy, procedures, work instructions, and documented quality and food safety systems. In addition, ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure resources and inputs needed for work are readily available.
- Ensure daily departmental targets are met and on time.
- Ensure raw materials received for processing are in their right quality and quantity.
- Ensure raw fruits delivered are stored properly in their demarcated areas.
- Monitoring of stock and utilizing first-in, first-out (FIFO) or last-in, first-out (LIFO) to prevent fruit spoilage.
- Fulfilment of housekeeping and hygiene standards.
- Ensure the prompt start of daily work in each department.
- Continues training and coaching of workers and reviewing their performance.
- Implementation of disciplinary procedures at workstations.
- Management and control of dryer operations.
- Meet dried products specification.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory of finished goods warehouse.
- Report immediately any breakage, damage or malfunction of equipment to the Production Manager.
- Manage and maintain all production tools and equipment in the factory.
- Ensure effective cleaning of all production equipment, dryers and the factory premises.
- Ensure proper and prompt filing of records: maintain records organized and accessible for analysis and reference.
- Ensure correct traceability of products and records.
- Supporting process improvements throughout the production processes.
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines in the factory.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/ HND or equivalent in Food Science, or a related field.
- At least two (2) years of professional or sector/industry experience.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and effectively manage change, ideally in a processing environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to deliver direction and motivation in an effective manner at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain accuracy, and keep deadlines.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent planning, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) is an advantage.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Candidate should demonstrate integrity and accountability.
- Applicants must be living around the factory location or be willing to relocate to Akuse (Eastern Region).
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants are required to send their updated and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) to [email protected]
with the subject Quality Control Officer.
Each CV should be a maximum of 5 pages, with three (3) referees. The evaluation committee will pay significant attention to the manner in which the CVs are presented. Any CV that does not meet the required qualifications will be rejected automatically at the level of the administrative check.
Kindly note that only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.
The deadline for applications is 21st June 2023.