Product Manager Liability & Debit Cards at Absa Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Overseeing the entire lifecycle of card products within the Absa Ghana by developing and enhancing card products, conducting market research, ensuring regulatory compliance, managing profitability, collaborating with cross-functional teams, mitigating risks, enhancing the customer experience, and continuously monitoring performance.
Development of Product strategy
- Plan, manage, lead, and direct business focus of the debit, credit and prepaid cards.
- Build Product policies to support growth of the product portfolio
- Undertake market research for all new products introduced to ensure product features match customer needs
- Identify suitable products/services for target segments and customers and develop them for implementation
- Work closely with all stakeholders to secure development support, appropriate systems prioritization and to develop testing plans
- Ensure effective product launches ensuring all aspects are managed by the relevant specialist areas including marketing communications, training, systems and operations availability and contingency
- Support in forecasting product demand volumes & monitoring that demand
- Pricing optimization – and ensuring there are no income leakages
- Track and analyze performance of products against a monthly annual basis and propose remedial actions on shortfalls
- Manage planning for card stock within the units. Ensure card threshold adherence and zero shortage within the network and during sale campaigns.
- Monitor Service Level Agreements (internal and external) and relevant KPIs
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes and ensure proper controls are undertaken to ensure green audit.
Delivery of Product Development
- Maximise efficiencies in the business to deliver enhanced products and services to customers at a profitable cost.
- Review and monitor competitor product offerings with a view to ensuring Absa card products have a competitive edge.
- Repackage existing product range in line with changing customer needs
- Evaluate, plan, optimise & deliver product design enhancements taking end-to-end responsibility for the quality of service that is delivered to customers across the product set
- Periodically review Product Specifications to be consistent with Business Strategy. Recommend any changes required to meet target customer segments’ expectations and ensure compliance with Bank policies and guidelines. Ensure that the legal and contingency requirements of the product set are established
Support Portfolio management
- Develop strategies to drive Portfolio initiatives to grow book size
- Liaise with marketing and other key divisions to complement marketing effort
- Report on spend campaign performances
- Support the Commercial team & Sales teams (e.g., Sales Managers, LGs, and RMs)
- Responsible for the evaluation & delivery of new product developments/enhancements
- Pricing decisions
- Product maintenance, compliance responses
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes undertaken to ensure a satisfactory audit.
- Ensure compliance with operational risk & rigour requirements e.g., Health and Safety standards, security of premises etc.
- Comply with relevant legislation e.g., KYC, banking code service standards, fraud prevention and money laundering procedures
- Raise reports on all risk events that occur
- Conduct RCA’s and Snap Checks
- Agree performance development objectives with the team leader.
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th Feb, 2024