Procurement Officer at Reputable Company
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
A leading provider of IT Infrastructure service solutions for medium and large scale private and public institutions is seeking for suitable candidates for the following positions:
Overall Job Purpose:
The job purpose is to facilitate the smooth processing of customer orders in a timely and diligent manner. The role requires the job holder to seek opportunities to extract maximum value from cost prices. In addition, the job holder is required to ensure accuracy of data and to provide regular updates to internal staff and clients on orders placed. To succeed in this role the job holder must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years working experience and possess good communication and planning skills to effectively interact with clients and the company’s staff. Attention to detail with good negotiation skills is a must.
- To be primarily responsible for the purchase of products and services from local and foreign suppliers in a timely and efficient manner.
- To identify suppliers who can meet the company’s service and quality expectations and negotiate the best deal for the company.
- To collaborate with the Assistant Supply Chain Manager in strengthening supplier relationships and establishing purchasing protocols, service requirements and necessary documentation.
- To monitor supplier contracts and ensure supplier conformance to contract terms and agreements.
- To periodically review the company’s supplier spend, supplier prices and seek to extract maximum value from supplier prices.
- To identify key product spends and identify alternate suppliers for key products to aid price and service negotiations.
- To ensure that the products or services are of high quality, regardless of the price.
- To maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing.
- To produce monthly reports on purchasing errors and status updates on running orders.
- To ensure data integrity when entering data into Sage Accpac.
- Analyze the price proposals of suppliers and the financial reports of the company, before negotiating the best price.
Decision Making and Role Complexity:
- The main decisions taken relate to ensuring that the purchase orders are processed in an efficient manner; as well as conducting monthly cost savings analysis.
- Although these decisions are as far as possible based on objective evidence, the decisions themselves require good experience; as well as planning, inter-personal and effective communication skills to achieve the right balance between managing procurement of items and the company’s commercial goals.
- A “right first time” approach to service must be applied to all areas of responsibility. This will require proper planning and effective communication with various personnel in the company; as well as client counterpart personnel.
Required Professional Experience
- Highly experienced in negotiation strategies and tactics
- At least 3 years’ experience in purchasing
- Competency in the use of a supply chain ERP
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- University degree in Business administration, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or similar degree
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
Method of ApplicationNB: All candidates will be required to write and pass an aptitude test
Interested and qualified persons should send their CVs and cover letter to [email protected] by close of business 9th October 2021
Indicate the interested position as the subject of the email.