Procurement Manager at AT Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AT Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• The successful candidate will join our team as a Manager for Procurement in the Supply Chain Department.
• (S)He will report to the Director for Procurement and will lead procurement organization to identify cost savings opportunities, execute sourcing strategies and ensure compliance in the procurement of all items and services required.
• Lead team in all aspects of procurement, specifically supplier selection, negotiation, and supply management according to the procurement policy.
• Create, execute, and re-evaluate category strategies aligned to company goals for all areas of significant spending.
• Ensure implementation of global supply chain strategies in local operation and represent the local operation interests in global strategy creation.
• Overall responsibility for supply base management of existing supply base, actively seek market knowledge for existing and new products/services and shape supply base for efficiency.
• Develop and maintain a relationship with key suppliers.
• Translate commercial strategies into executable procurement concepts, plans, and business models that best serve the company strategy.
• Contribute to overall Supply Chain department management and performance as part of the Supply Chain Management team.
• Management of Procurement team. Ensure competency development and skills of the procurement team to meet job requirements. Ensure dimensioning of staff and backup of critical functions.
• Act as a source of procurement expertise to others, support, and coach other colleagues in complex
• Procurement issues.
• Raise awareness and profile of Procurement.
• Review procurement recommendations for Purchase Committee decision.
• Ensure Purchase Orders are raised in accordance with agreed price, and conditions and delivered as per agreed lead-time.
• Work with Finance to adhere to broader finance and risk requirements.
• Create and maintain instructions and documented processes within the area of responsibility.
• Continuous improvements: Initiate and implement improvements through tools, metrics, processes, and policies.
• Compliance: Ensure that a consistent professional approach to procurement is practiced throughout the organization in compliance with internal corporate policies and specific procedures regarding procurement.
Qualification Required & Experience
• University Degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Economics. Preferably a master’s degree or higher.
• International procurement certification.
• Minimum 4-8 years procurement experience preferably with a telecom background.
• Experience in managing teams.
• Experience and knowledge in the procurement system.
• People management
• Excellent in oral and written communication skills.
• Independent and with good work attitude with high level of integrity.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 10 January, 2024
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AT, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are, Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career