Process Plant Operator at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana - Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To operate the process circuits of the Ahafo South process plant in a safe and competent manner, whereby optimum production is achieved.
In This Role You Will:
Process Plant Operations
- Monitor and record the operating performance of the process circuit and make appropriate changes to ensure that optimum production is achieved.
- Inform the Supervisor of any changes that may affect optimum production.
- Monitor and inspect the process plant equipment to ensure its correct operation and performance.
- Maintain a high housekeeping standard in each of the process circuits.
- Work with the Supervisor to enable the optimum performance of the process plant.
- Work with the Metallurgical team to ensure the optimum metallurgical performance of the process plant.
- Work with the Maintenance team to achieve efficient process plant equipment performance and availability.
- Participate and contribute to the development and review of the Process Operations Standard Task Procedures.
- Conduct thorough shift handover, detailing all relevant information correctly and detail all information in various logbooks and reports relevant to the incoming shift / crew.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the process plant operations.
- Conduct plant operations to support achievement of the key performance indicators (KPIs) that pertain to the process plant.
- Maintain an understanding of monthly production targets and progress.
- Operate two-way radio communications clearly and concisely with Foremen, Maintenance Personnel, other Operators and Senior Staff and follow instructions given.
- Respond to inquiries and instructions in an efficient and timely manner.
- Complete all tasks identified in the Processing Operations MOS elements to the specified quality and timeliness as assigned to this role.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Plan own activities on a shift-by-shift basis according to allocated process plant production schedules.
- Accomplish work objectives by following and executing on assigned process plant production schedule.
Health, Safety and Allocation
- Maintain a high health, safety and environmental awareness.
- Monitor own and peers’ adherence to health and safety measures, protocols, production parameters and standards.
- Report any deviation from established health and safety measures and protocols to the Process Supervisor.
- Adhere strictly to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices by:
- wearing mandatory protective clothing and appropriate PPE when and where required.
- reporting and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
- proactively participating in safety meetings and promotes safe working practices.
- strictly adhering to established SOP’s, STP’s, work policies and security procedures.
- actively partaking in hazard identification and correction.
- reporting environmental spills immediately and taking appropriate action to prevent contamination.
- attending all safety meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Completion of WASSCE or equivalent is essential.
- As a minimum, declared competent in the following Metalliferous Courses (Citi and Guilds):
- MNMPRD104A – Conduct Pump Operations.
- MNMPRD105A – Conduct Valve Operations.
- successful completion of other Metalliferous courses (Citi and Guilds) is preferable.
- Working knowledge of processing plant equipment.
- Working knowledge of process operations, particularly crushing, SAG – Ball Mill Grinding, Leach / CIL, Elution, Reagents and Tails Operation.
- Minimum of 5 – 6 years’ operating experience in n a gold processing plant, of which a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience should be in Process Plant Operating environment.
- Process plant commissioning experience is preferable.
- Knowledge in Citech is an added advantage.
- Sound technical problem-solving skills.
- Sound decision-making ability.
- Sound operating and troubleshooting skills.
- Sound analysis and interpretation skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal in English) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to direct others to maintain the required output expected of an operating circuit.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common operational safety signage and directions.
- Ability to handle and coordinate multiple concurrent activities.
- Detail focused.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- The incumbent is entitled to built-in overtime per the shift roster (6×3) schedule.
- The incumbent is required to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- The incumbent conducts precise work and there is a continuous demand for a high degree of concentration for extended periods.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work require mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Oct. 2021