Process Metallurgist at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- Are you able to provide technical support for the Akyem operation?
- This will entail the preparation and analysis of laboratory or plant samples, performing and monitoring of laboratory and plant tests and communication and reporting of results to relevant parties. The trainee will also assist Plant Metallurgists with routine duties for example reagent management, mill liner and screen wear rate monitoring, participation in mine-to-mill initiatives and maintaining reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) required to maintain the Processing Management Operating System (MOS) at an effective level.
In This Role You Will
Safety and Environment
- Comply with all Newmont Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Comply with all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System, Newmont vision and values.
- Participate in relevant incident/accident investigations and take corrective action to prevent injury and/or re-occurrence.
- Raise, discuss and resolve safety, environmental and Social Responsibility issues at regular meetings.
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate action.
- Technical assistance to the Akyem process operating personnel to ensure optimum metallurgical performance of the process plant by applying initiative and problem solving abilities.
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and quality assurance methods.
- Prepare metallurgical reports as necessary.
- Assist in the development and review of the metallurgical procedures.
- Assist Senior Metallurgist in maintaining of metallurgical accounting practices (assisting in end of month met accounting process.
- Assist the Plant Metallurgists with routine duties for example reagent management, mill liner and screen wear rate monitoring.
- Assist the Metallurgists with routine duties for example calibration of measuring devices and maintenance of sampling devices.
- Perform audits on metallurgical practices, correct and implement permanent solutions.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the Akyem process plant operation, including but not limited to mine-to-mill initiatives.
- Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the Processing Operations MOS Elements to the specified quality and timeliness as assigned to this role.
- Assist the Plant Metallurgist to maintain metallurgical systems.
- PI historian.
- OCS Mill Expert System.
- Produce timely and accurate reporting of production data and generate plant production forecasts for use by Senior Management.
- Report and make recommendations to Process Management, based on operational information and trends.
- Keep current with mineral processing technology and the practical experiences of other operations.
- Complete training program as specified for the Metallurgical Trainee.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A bachelor’s degree in Extractive Metallurgy.
- Knowledge of metallurgy principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of metallurgical plant equipment.
- Knowledge of the statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in metalliferous mining.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Information monitoring and management skills.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Sound project management skills.
- Statistical and mathematical skills.
- Change management skills.
- Ability to interpret metallurgical engineering drawings.
- Results driven.
- Attention to details.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Position is located at the Akyem mine.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th October, 2022