Principal / Senior Dialysis Nursing Officers at Sahel Health Ghana Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Sahel Health Ghana Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• Initiation of patient assessment, continuing observation, recording, and reporting observations – collects data by interview, observation, inspection, auscultation, and palpation.
• Assesses and interpret reports and records: weight assessment, presence of edema, hematology studies, chemistry studies, blood glucose check.
• Administers skilled nursing to patients according to the Nursing Care Plan designed for the individual patient.
• Observes patient’s condition and equipment during treatment and documents on the appropriate forms and reports to the appropriate individual.
• Initiates and terminates patients’ dialysis treatment, as per procedure.
• Prepares supplies of the initiation of dialysis on the dialysis machine as per procedure.
• Participates in the planning, directing, and coordinating of patient care with multi-disciplinary personnel – interprets the patient’s needs to personnel participating in patient services (e.g. Medical Director, Clinical Psychologist, Dietitian).
• Follows doctor’s orders regarding dialysis treatment, medication, etc.
• Formulates nursing prescriptions that delineate actions to be taken.
• Is knowledgeable of location, care, and operation of emergency care equipment. This includes but not limited to monitors, defibrillation equipment, crash carts and contents, suction machine, oxygen equipment.
• Maintains records (medication sheets, care plans monthly notes) on primary patients.
• Holds self and staff accountable for the delivery of quality nursing care.
• Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among the health care team.
• Supports and adheres to administrative and nursing service policies and procedures.
• Participates in management of the Dialysis Unit – may relieve the Nurse Manager when needed.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Registration: Nursing & Midwifery Council of Ghana Registration
• Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing of equivalent qualification; Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing program.
• Experience: 3 – 5 years of experience in a chronic dialysis care nursing experience; demonstrates competency with cannulation and infusion therapy techniques.
Method of ApplicationAll applications must be sent to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 25 February, 2022