Principal at Bagabaga College of Education
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Bagabaga College of Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Applications are invited for the position of Principal Bagabaga College of Education: Principal
1. THE POSITION
• The College Principal is in chief of academics, administration, and disciplinary officer and is accountable to the Governing council of the college.
• The Principal is responsible for ensuring that decisions of council are implemented.
• The Principal has authority over all staff and students of the college subject to the unified statutes of colleges of Education
• The Principal should be capable of meeting challenges posed by the transition of the college to tertiary status
This is what the Principal is in charge of:
• The assigning of staff to the provisions of the Unified Statutes of Colleges of Education;
• The disciplines and supervision of staff and students
• The preparation of the annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by council
• Ensuring that Council is provided, on a regular basis, all relevant reports including reports of committees of council
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Have good character and a high level of personal integrity, and be a well-known master teacher and scholar in teaching and learning.
• Be at least a Principal Tutor in the College of Education or a similar grade. (minimum of senior lecturer from a recognized university) in a similar institution/organisation
• Possess a research postgraduate degree preferably the terminal
• Be a professional teacher or must possess a minimum of a Diploma in Education or education related area.
• Have rich administrative experience
• Have a good understanding of the challenges facing the college of education in particular and tertiary education in Ghana in general
• Be able to complete at least one term of four years before attaining the compulsory retirement age.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should provide the following:
• Application Letter (6 copies)
• Curriculum Vitae (6 copies)
• Names and addresses of three (3) referees
• A vision statement for the college of not more than 500 words (6 copies)
Applications and all accompanying documents should be submitted to the following address:
COMMITTEE FOR SEARCH
TAMALE BAGABAGA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
POST OFFICE BOX ER35
Applicants are also asked to send soft copies (in scanned PDF) of their applications and accompanying documents to the following address:
The candidate should ask their three (3) referees to submit confidential reports on them directly to either of the addresses above. At least one of the referees should be able to judge how well the applicant does their job.
Closing Date: 24 February, 2023
Only those who make the shortlist will be contacted.